So how are all those bats we wanted doing??

ice99

Re: So how are all those bats we wanted doing??

Post by ice99 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:10 pm

ice99 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:00 pm
bpj wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:58 pm
I wouldn't have wanted to give Schwarber 4 years or almost $20 million per year.

But pushing Torrens, Toro, Kelenic out of the lineup would have added at least 1 more WAR to the balance sheet on top of the 1.9 Schwarber added. Addition by subtraction.

Would have been well worth the contract in year 1 at least, even if he only put up 2 wins on the surface.
Yep, I agree. I said that it would've been better than Toro, Torrens, et al.
It definitely would have been better than any of those 3, and it's a good thing that the M's kept JK off of DH anyway.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:12 pm

ice99 wrote:
bpj wrote:
I wouldn't have wanted to give Schwarber 4 years or almost $20 million per year.

But pushing Torrens, Toro, Kelenic out of the lineup would have added at least 1 more WAR to the balance sheet on top of the 1.9 Schwarber added. Addition by subtraction.

Would have been well worth the contract in year 1 at least, even if he only put up 2 wins on the surface.
Yep, I said that it would've been better than Toro, Torrens, et al.
Yeah, I saw you added it in.

Just saying it's not simple surface addition.

A 2 WAR player would have been closer to a 3.5 win swing because of how bad the guys were who ended up getting the at bats.

ice99

Post by ice99 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:15 pm

bpj wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:12 pm
ice99 wrote:
bpj wrote:

Yep, I said that it would've been better than Toro, Torrens, et al.
Yeah, I saw you added it in.

Just saying it's not simple surface addition.

A 2 WAR player would have been closer to a 3.5 win swing because of how bad the guys were who ended up getting the at bats.
Yes I did but somehow SOB's post got in. Then he basically kept trolling about defense.

Well, yes and no, because they were still getting abs in non-dh roles, plus the injuries.

ice99

Post by ice99 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:28 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:48 pm
ice99 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:46 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:39 pm

He shouldn't be playing in the outfield period. Neither should Castellanos.

The Phillies have a trash defense because both of them are out there.

He should be a DH only and it has hurt his WAR that he's simply playing in the OF period.

The only reason anyone on this forum wanted him was to come in and play DH. BPJ, D-Train, the whole lot... never would have slotted him in LF.

The title of the thread is "how are these bats we wanted doing?"

His bat has been fine.
So you're mentioning defense was off topic? It was the same thing on Bryan Reynolds. Maybe Harmony can help.
No. You're equating his total WAR to his contractual value.

His total WAR has been negatively impacted by his terrible defense. As clearly shown in the link you provided.

Nobody on this forum advocated for bringing in Schwarber if he was going to play the OF.
It seems you don't much about positional adjustment. Just like you don't know much about using the word "almost". It doesn't mean someone is celebrating.

At least Harmony tried. But your post was off the topic.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:26 pm

ice99 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:28 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
ice99 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:46 pm

So you're mentioning defense was off topic? It was the same thing on Bryan Reynolds. Maybe Harmony can help.

His total WAR has been negatively impacted by his terrible defense. As clearly shown in the link you provided.

Nobody on this forum advocated for bringing in Schwarber if he was going to play the OF.
It seems you don't much about positional adjustment. Just like you don't know much about using the word "almost". It doesn't mean someone is celebrating.

You notice BPJ or D-Train closed that thread? Thought u'd get the hint.

Idk... Darren, BPJ - you guys want this to continue? Or you gonna let this weirdo keep starting shit in threads?

I'm ready to bury the hatchet... then I log in before the game and see a random post from this weirdo calling my idea for JP to bunt more "dumb" because I said that he's got slower-than-avg sprint speed in completely different post, unrelated to him.

Either nip it in the bud now, or it's never going to stop. If he's going to post attacking me, completely unprovoked, I'm going to fight back.

ice99

Post by ice99 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:32 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:26 pm
ice99 wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:

You notice BPJ or D-Train closed that thread? Thought u'd get the hint clown.

Idk... Darren, BPJ - you guys want this to continue? Or you gonna let this moron keep starting shit in threads?

I'm ready to bury the hatchet... then I log in before the game and see a random post from this weirdo calling my idea for JP to bunt more "dumb" because I said that he's got slower-than-avg sprint speed in completely different post, unrelated to him.

Either nip it in the bud now, or it's never going to stop. If he's going to post attacking me, completely unprovoked, I'm going to fight back.
You trolled my post in this thread. I didn't say anything to you. I didn't say the same thing like I did about Seiya and Bryant, but you took it as a big negative. You know that you're trolling.
Last edited by ice99 on Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:35 pm

ice99 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:32 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
ice99 wrote:

Idk... Darren, BPJ - you guys want this to continue? Or you gonna let this moron keep starting shit in threads?

You trolled my post in this thread. I didn't say anything to you. I didn't say the same thing like I did about Seiya and Bryant, but you took it as a negative. You know that you're trolling.
It wasn't a troll. It was a genuine response to you saying that Schwarber isn't measuring up to his contract. I think he is. It's called a discussion. I didn't call your take dumb. I didn't call your take stupid. I simply responded, disagreeing with your assessment. See the difference?

ice99

Post by ice99 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:38 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:35 pm
ice99 wrote:
Seattle or Bust wrote:

You trolled my post in this thread. I didn't say anything to you. I didn't say the same thing like I did about Seiya and Bryant, but you took it as a negative. You know that you're trolling.
It wasn't a troll. It was a genuine response to you saying that Schwarber isn't measuring up to his contract. I think he is. It's called a discussion. I didn't call your take dumb. I didn't call your take stupid. I simply responded, disagreeing with your assessment. See the difference?
You're stalking my posts, don't pretend you aren't. I'm not getting the same attention by the other posters. This is the worst I've seen since I saw DT first post on a forum.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:41 pm

ice99 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:38 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
ice99 wrote:

You're stalking my posts
, don't pretend you aren't. I'm not getting the same attention by the other posters. This is the worst I've seen since I saw DT first post on a forum.
You have some serious scoptophobia.

If you don't want attention from me, don't respond to one of my posts calling a thought I had dumb, completely unprovoked.

It's like you enjoy poking the bear but can't understand why it's attacking you.

ice99

Post by ice99 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:43 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:41 pm
ice99 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:38 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:

You're stalking my posts
, don't pretend you aren't. I'm not getting the same attention by the other posters. This is the worst I've seen since I saw DT first post on a forum.
You have some serious scoptophobia.

Get some help.
No scoptophobia. And you can admit that, just like you can admit the word "almost" doesn't mean celebration.