5-12-19 Mothers Day Game Thread

D-train

Re: 5-12-19 Mothers Day Game Thread

Post by D-train » Sun May 12, 2019 9:35 pm

Scratchiro wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:02 pm
Hard to say on Zunino. Staff always complimented hm on how handled pitchers, framed the plate, etc. but that could have been a bit of puffery. Felix preferred to pitch to other catchers - might say more about Felix than Zunino, who knows? Agree that some aspects of his game might have been under rated while he was here but one area I thought he was over rated on was passed balls/wild pitches and I don't think the stats tell the true story in his case. Always seemed to me that there were a lot of box scored "wild pitches" he missed that other catches would bave gotten.

I view the Zunino trade as a three way with the Rays and the White Sox. We sent Zunino and his $4.5 M price tag plus Colome and his $8 M price tag in return for Narvaez and Smith. I think the jury is far from out on this one.
The the jury is far from out wouldn't it mean that the jury already is in? :)
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 12, 2019 9:37 pm

Scratchiro wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:11 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:01 pm
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:31 pm

D-Train...

You were clamoring for Markel. How'd he do?

It looked like the M's were struggling with the mound.
Touche but Markel had an ERA of 0.52 this season with 35Ks in 17 innings. As Julio mentioned Altavilla got shelled in AAA this season.
Kind of frustrating. Two years ago it looked like Dipoto might be on the verge of developing this dominating bullpen anchored by Diaz with support from Altavilla, Zych, and Povse (whom they considered for the pen). Never materialized.
Wow did Zych have a career ending injury or what? Hasn't pitched since 2017 when he had a 2.66 ERA.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... to01.shtml
dt

:::

Post by ::: » Sun May 12, 2019 9:50 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:35 pm
Scratchiro wrote:
Hard to say on Zunino. Staff always complimented hm on how handled pitchers, framed the plate, etc. but that could have been a bit of puffery. Felix preferred to pitch to other catchers - might say more about Felix than Zunino, who knows? Agree that some aspects of his game might have been under rated while he was here but one area I thought he was over rated on was passed balls/wild pitches and I don't think the stats tell the true story in his case. Always seemed to me that there were a lot of box scored "wild pitches" he missed that other catches would bave gotten.

I view the Zunino trade as a three way with the Rays and the White Sox. We sent Zunino and his $4.5 M price tag plus Colome and his $8 M price tag in return for Narvaez and Smith. I think the jury is far from out on this one.
Ha! Yes... meant to say the jury is still out. Need to nip this in the butt! :mrgreen:

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun May 12, 2019 9:52 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:35 pm
Scratchiro wrote:

I think what he meant was "the jury is like far out, man."
Last edited by Sibelius Hindemith on Sun May 12, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun May 12, 2019 9:52 pm

Scratchiro wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:11 pm

Kind of frustrating. Two years ago it looked like Dipoto might be on the verge of developing this dominating bullpen anchored by Diaz with support from Altavilla, Zych, and Povse (whom they considered for the pen). Never materialized.
What is going on with Povse? Hasn't pitched yet in 2019.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Post by ::: » Sun May 12, 2019 9:57 pm

Povse was designated for assignment when they signed Strickland and outrighted before spring training. I don't think he is in the M's organization anymore and I'm not sure if he is even with another club.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun May 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Scratchiro wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:57 pm
Povse was designated for assignment when they signed Strickland and outrighted before spring training. I don't think he is in the M's organization anymore and I'm not sure if he is even with another club.
I found my own answer. He had shoulder surgery in April. I think he's still with the M's.

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2019/4/1 ... -shed-long
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 12, 2019 10:06 pm

Nothing left from the Alex Jackson trade with the depressed guy Whalen retiring and Povse being dumped. Jackson has a .944 OPS in AAA and is still just 23 yo
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 12, 2019 10:09 pm

Max must have cleared waivers. Thank goodness. :|
dt

Post by ::: » Mon May 13, 2019 12:12 am

I may be wrong but ai think he was released before his surgery. Don't know if the M's have the rights to him or if he is a free bird.