QB Anthony Richardson
19%
CB Devon Witherspoon
No votes
Edge/OLB Tyree Wilson
11%
Edge/DE Myles Murphy
No votes
Trade Down (Please feel free to write-in your TD pick)
11%

Total votes: 27

Donn Beach

Re: Who's Your Pick At #5

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:52 pm

Thought this was kinda an interesting mock draft. I believe it's fairly up to date. Got Richardson going number one, got the Hawks taking Tyree Wilson even though Anderson is still available, it's got Carter going sixth, and Anderson going seventh

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspo ... eapon/amp/

maoling

Post by maoling » Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:52 am

I'm vacillating again. I just can't see passing on Jalen Carter if he is there at #5.

Yes, a risk, but unless there is more in his file than what we've seen so far, I want this guy in the middle of our D-Line with Reed and Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2meuXt2DVpk

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:15 am

maoling wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:52 am
I'm vacillating again. I just can't see passing on Jalen Carter if he is there at #5.

Yes, a risk, but unless there is more in his file than what we've seen so far, I want this guy in the middle of our D-Line with Reed and Jones.

I watched that this morning. Murf said something that rang true - it's football, not a combine, and Jalen Carter plays football better than anybody else. He does stuff that is just freaky good. But hell, what has he done since the regular season ended? Every single thing has been negative, and disastrously so. It's a HUGE risk now, and there are way too many red flags that pop up, and now he's got 12 months probation, so you have to bet that this guy can go an entire year without fucking up, or he could get thrown in prison and you're on the hook for $31 million while he's in there getting fatter.

They'll do their due diligence, so if they draft him I'll be excited about it until the wheels come off. With Carter, I don't think it's an "if" he'll implode, but "when". If it's 5 years down the road, cool, you got a great player for a few years, but the rate he's going it could be a week after the draft.

maoling

Post by maoling » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:14 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:15 am
maoling wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:52 am

I watched that this morning. Murf said something that rang true - it's football, not a combine, and Jalen Carter plays football better than anybody else. He does stuff that is just freaky good. But hell, what has he done since the regular season ended? Every single thing has been negative, and disastrously so. It's a HUGE risk now, and there are way too many red flags that pop up, and now he's got 12 months probation, so you have to bet that this guy can go an entire year without fucking up, or he could get thrown in prison and you're on the hook for $31 million while he's in there getting fatter.

They'll do their due diligence, so if they draft him I'll be excited about it until the wheels come off. With Carter, I don't think it's an "if" he'll implode, but "when". If it's 5 years down the road, cool, you got a great player for a few years, but the rate he's going it could be a week after the draft.

I agree with everything you just posted lol!

Somebody's going to take him, and unless he robs a bank or is arrested for some felony between now and the end of April -- or gains another 30 pounds worth of cheeseburgers in six weeks, he won't be there at #20.

He seems like a perfect candidate for PC Mind Control with Zen Mentors. Maybe he just needs some experienced Hawk Life Coaches to center his 330-pound small-town street-racin' ass.

I nominate four old Hawks to sit on him during rookie camp and through the summer:

Kam
Sherm
Bruce Irvin
Dan Doornink

also, player/coach Bobby Wagner

Jalen will be okay with kid gloves and tough love.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:33 pm

Carter is no longer under the threat of incarceration. But I'd like to have you put Tez on that list to babysit him. I'm still half way wanting the Hawks to grab him at 5, but I'd place all sorts of conditions into his contract if they do take him.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:39 am

ddraig wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:33 pm
Carter is no longer under the threat of incarceration. But I'd like to have you put Tez on that list to babysit him. I'm still half way wanting the Hawks to grab him at 5, but I'd place all sorts of conditions into his contract if they do take him.
Love that. But, Tez is no longer with us.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:33 pm

Interesting to learn that Bryce Young does not have danty little hands for being all of about 5'10". His hand measures 9-3/4" (58%). Makes me feel that he could throw well in our weather.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Bry ... QB-Alabama

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:33 pm

Gametime wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:39 am
ddraig wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:33 pm
Love that. But, Tez is no longer with us.
I know, but I can wish. Can you imagine what he'd be doing with this kid.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:46 am

We release Al Woods today. Looking like we'll be interested in Carter at #5, maybe also a big DE/Edge at #20.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:23 am

Cascade Kid wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:33 pm
Interesting to learn that Bryce Young does not have danty little hands for being all of about 5'10". His hand measures 9-3/4" (58%). Makes me feel that he could throw well in our weather.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Bry ... QB-Alabama
It’s top-heavy at quarterback. The top-four are assured to go in the top-10, I’m led to believe, with a strong chance four go in the top-five. Hendon Hooker might join the group due to the attraction of the fifth year option, although he’d likely be a late first rounder. Then, there’s no middle tier. All of the middle-tier quarterbacks returned to school. If you’re thinking Seattle can take a flier on someone in the middle rounds, no dice I’m afraid. I have two players in the fourth round but that’s purely because the arm talent is decent. They’re both about 190lbs. There’s not a lot of potential to start in the NFL.