Breaking!!!!!!!!! Big 10 bound!!!!!!!!!!

D-train

Breaking!!!!!!!!! Big 10 bound!!!!!!!!!!

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:01 pm

dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Breaking!!!!!!!!! Big 10 bound!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:09 pm

I hope those exclamation points denote concern rather than enthusiasm. UW will be a 2nd tier team in the Big Ten for at least the next 5 years as they had to settle for half the money the rest of the schools including USC and UCLA will be getting paid. And who the fuck is excited about playing games against Rutgers, Northwestern, Indiana, Minnesota, etc.? Fuck that.

And fuck Larry Scott for destroying a hundred year old institution. Hope he rots in hell.
Last edited by Sibelius Hindemith on Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:12 pm

It is huge news thus the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!s I am fine with it actually.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:14 pm

Fine with it?

Okay. :roll:

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:40 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:14 pm
Fine with it?

Okay. :roll:
Yeah we are finally in a respectable conference with National exposure and less games ending at 2:30am ET!! :D
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:42 pm

I'd feel better about it if they also took Cal, Stanford, WSU, and OSU so our schedule wouldn't be fucked up.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:52 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:42 pm
I'd feel better about it if they also took Cal, Stanford, WSU, and OSU so our schedule wouldn't be fucked up.
It really won't be a big deal. Probably play 5 road games a year and 2 of those will Oregon, UCLA and USC so you will have three trips to the midwest. Could be Nebraska, Wisconsin and Iowa.

We took one to Michigan in 2021 so we will take 3 instead of one. Who cares. We now have Jet Airplanes.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:09 pm

I suspect that there will be a west division with
UW
Oregon
USC
UCLA
Nebraska
Iowa
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Nothwestern

We will likely still play the apple cup as a non conference game every year.

This means that we will now be playing UCLA and USC every year instead 2 out of 3 or whatever it has been in the Pac 12. And basically we are replacing Oregon State, Cal and Stanford with Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin as yearly games. That is a huge upgrade in my opinion.
I don't think any one is going to cry about not playing the Arizona Schools or Utah when we get regularly rotated games with The likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, etc instead. Sure we will have to play an occasional game against Rutgers or Indiana but that's not any worse than playing Colorado or Arizona like we have been doing.

Really the only thing I wish was different in this scenario is Cal in the Big instead of UCLA. Would have been nice to keep the bay area market and that historic university in our conference.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:16 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:09 pm
I suspect that there will be a west division with
UW
Oregon
USC
UCLA
Nebraska
Iowa
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Nothwestern

We will likely still play the apple cup as a non conference game every year.

This means that we will now be playing UCLA and USC every year instead 2 out of 3 or whatever it has been in the Pac 12. And basically we are replacing Oregon State, Cal and Stanford with Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin as yearly games. That is a huge upgrade in my opinion.
I don't think any one is going to cry about not playing the Arizona Schools or Utah when we get regularly rotated games with The likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, etc instead. Sure we will have to play an occasional game against Rutgers or Indiana but that's not any worse than playing Colorado or Arizona like we have been doing.

Really the only thing I wish was different in this scenario is Cal in the Big instead of UCLA. Would have been nice to keep the bay area market and that historic university in our conference.
Yep, I love it. We are now in one of the top 2 conferences instead of the little ugly sister of the Power 5.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:25 pm

Here's how I think the rest of it shakes out.

ASU/AZ and Utah to the Big 12,

Stanford Goes independant.

Cal, OSU and WSU join the Mountain West.

That will put 18 teams in the Big 10, 18 teams in the Big 12, and 15 teams in the Mountain West. Maybe a few big sky schools try to move up to fill out the Mountain West, Idaho, Montana etc.