SEA vs BAL

D-train

Re: SEA vs BAL

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:47 pm

Apologies and accountability are nice but how about stop doing stupid shit you have to apologize every week for.... :idea:
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:58 pm

Raiders fire/replace their head coach, GM, and starting QB and lead the Giants 20-0 at the half. Amazing...

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:40 am

had to stop by to check in on the "fire everyone!" post-loss comments. I was not disappointed.

Interesting how when Seattle plays teams that do not have rushing offenses or their stars RB's are out - their "run d" is tops, but when they play Cleveland and Baltimore, formidable rushing team - suddenly they ain't all that. Context is a funny thing.

I knew it was over at 14-0 - offense did not come to play. Out of all the lopsided stats that Seattle should be most embarrassed about - was the 40:00 - 20:00 TOP. As an offense - you have a responsibility to do something - anything - to give your defense a rest. Bright side - the offense should be super well rested for next week!

Smith looks skittish, indecisive, lacking ANY confidence. bad, bad combo and it's been prevelant much of the season. Dude is inviting the "Drew Lock" conversation to be a serious option. We are approaching the "why not Drew"" moment. Seattle needs to draft a QB next year - for real.

It looked like baltimore knew every play coming and had the perfect defense for it - far too often. Really odd. Sign stealing?

Now we know - this team is not ready for prime time. They'll make the playoffs, but they have a ways to go. Defense still improving despite what today looked like - I hang this loss competely on the offense. As we learned in the LOB days - the defense cannot play offense and defense - the offense has to step up and do their part.

Did not understand Seattle's offensive strategy at all, not even kinda, not even a little bit.

Ravens legit, Seattle not this bad, but they ain't championship caliber. The "fire everyone" talk is utter nonsense. This was their shit the bed moment, they'll grow from this and get better... or they won't. Also, they are not winning the division, that talk needs to stop. SF still the team to beat.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:46 am

If the seahawks had fired Waldren and Hurt last week and hired two highschool coaches to be the coordinators could they have looked any worse today?

maoling

Post by maoling » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:49 am

It doesn't bother me as much that we got our asses handed to us today. What bugs me was the way we got it handed to us. We needed to come in and show them a wrinkle or two early. A fired-up packed crowd, we are solid underdogs, and the Ravens were smelling blood from kickoff. Instead, we (as always) come out and stubbornly try to pound the middle on running plays. Second and 8, third and six, three and out.

What if once just for FFS we came out against a great team and didn't do exactly what they are expecting? Or tried something different if it isn't working? And it happens year after year. I don't understand why we just hand opponents our offensive playbook every week, especially when we are playing a team that is geared up to stop it and has the horses to do it. Total lack of creativity against a hot team today, how familiar.

First time in a while I went and did something else in the third quarter because they were so pathetic, so predictable and that they stupidly think they can send out the same game plan against every team every week.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:14 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:46 am
If the seahawks had fired Waldren and Hurt last week and hired two highschool coaches to be the coordinators could they have looked any worse today?
No, that is how outcoached we were. I had not one shred of hope we’d win this game, I think ai but like 12 points on Baltimore in our picks contest. But to come out and again decide that we have no reason to even try to run the ball? Just a few token dive play handoffs and the rest of the offense on Geno? To get completely embarrassed in the run game by a rookie back in like his second game ever? They were not even close to competitive.

maoling

Post by maoling » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:58 am

I'm glad we set the clocks back. I had an extra hour to drink today after watching steaming poo for almost three hours.

Woke up, felt great, made a nice breakfast of eggs over easy, breaded pork cutlets, bacon and buttered crumpet, then settled in to watch my favorite team get prison raped.

maoling

Post by maoling » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:16 am

Still, I'm not going to write them off. Moving pieces, new players, yet another time change east coast swing morning game against maybe the best team in the NFL right now.

Flesh wound. Fuck it. This one will teach all the rookies and kids a huge lesson. Might toughen us up for a playoff run. And Geno has to drop the risk-aversion timid hat.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:22 am

That is a huge indictment on their "Leonard Williams" get. Bears got Montez Sweat 8 sacks and extended him. Niners got Chase Young and 6 sacks.

It looks like we paid more for a guy with only 2 sacks and was supposed to be a good run defender? We bring him in and has 1 tackle and we give up near 300 yards on the ground.

I am pretty happy I just had to work today. That was a freaking blow out.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:43 am

I'll try to remain optimistic. The Ravens are a great team. What is more important than 'how bad' the Hawks lost this game will be 'how well' they rebound from this game.