2023 Week 13: UW Football - WSU Cougs

Cascade Kid

Re: 2023 Week 13: UW Football - WSU Cougs

Post by Cascade Kid » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:32 am

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:46 am
I didn't say he didn't have a right to be here....but he posted shit talk about Husky fans, so I responded with shit talk about Cougar Fans. Again, 12 of 14, but the guy was talking shit at halftime of a tie game. Sorry, but I feel my response was apt.

That said? Not one of my Coug buddies texted during the game. So? Maybe everyone but Cascade has figured it out?
WWD, DT and I had a little fun barb earlier in the thread. So I made a silly meme at half.

I don't know why you got so triggered and PTSD'd from the meme, but geez, get off of it buddy.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:39 am

Cascade Kid wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:32 am
Michael K. wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:46 am
I didn't say he didn't have a right to be here....but he posted shit talk about Husky fans, so I responded with shit talk about Cougar Fans. Again, 12 of 14, but the guy was talking shit at halftime of a tie game. Sorry, but I feel my response was apt.

That said? Not one of my Coug buddies texted during the game. So? Maybe everyone but Cascade has figured it out?
WWD, DT and I had a little fun barb earlier in the thread. So I made a silly meme at half.

I don't know why you got so triggered and PTSD'd from the meme, but geez, get off of it buddy.
That's mike.
If you don't agree with him, he is balls to the wall to make you agree with him.
:roll:

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:44 am

It said Husky fans, which I am one. Yeah, coming from a fan who's team has lost 11 of 13? In a tie game? Yeah, I thought I was pathetic.

What ever. I find it funny one guy can rip on a fan base, but the guy that responds is the issue. But, don't really give a fuck either.

12 of 14, I guess I should just leave it at that. Let Coug fans post dumb ass memes.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:28 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:02 am
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:50 am
Kicker earns scholarship with win.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe/ ... card/false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>
He had been bad....the Punter is worse. I don't think he has one punt that was in the air 40 yards. Sure glad the kicker came through at the end...but we have to do a better job of recruiting in those two areas. We gave them field position all day cuz the Punter was awful.
Gross is 10-13 which is pretty good for a college kicker. Also 51-51 on X points.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:31 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:03 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:53 pm
Apple Cup.jpg
Typical Coug fan. Lucky as fuck first half and so damn excited to be tied. Thanks for proving again why you belong in the Pac 2. Cougars could go oh and eleven, and would party for a year if they won the Apple Cup that year.
This was his initial reply which I don't see a problem with.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:21 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:28 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:50 am
Kicker earns scholarship with win.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe/ ... card/false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>
He had been bad....the Punter is worse. I don't think he has one punt that was in the air 40 yards. Sure glad the kicker came through at the end...but we have to do a better job of recruiting in those two areas. We gave them field position all day cuz the Punter was awful.
Gross is 10-13 which is pretty good for a college kicker. Also 51-51 on X points.
Good point. I think he had missed three straight though, and looked bad doing it. Big way to bounce back though! Still, based on the plays they called against Utah and yesterday? Doesn’t seem like the coaches had much faith in him either. Run the ball twice against Utah and kick the short FG, and you certainly do that yesterday in a tie game. Zero clue what our coaches were thinking at the end of the two halves last night. It nearly cost us the game.

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:36 pm

Mike: I really am about ready to bring back Lake to coach the DB's. I think it's now 3 or 4 times this year we have been in end of half/game prevent and broke the Golden Rule: "Keep everything in front of you". The first half TD should have never happened. Isn't that taught in Grid Kids?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:48 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:44 am
It said Husky fans, which I am one. Yeah, coming from a fan who's team has lost 11 of 13? In a tie game? Yeah, I thought I was pathetic.

What ever. I find it funny one guy can rip on a fan base, but the guy that responds is the issue. But, don't really give a fuck either.

12 of 14, I guess I should just leave it at that. Let Coug fans post dumb ass memes.
Let them.

What can be done about it?

If you don't like it, don't read it or FOE them.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:19 pm

AZOldDawg wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:36 pm
Mike: I really am about ready to bring back Lake to coach the DB's. I think it's now 3 or 4 times this year we have been in end of half/game prevent and broke the Golden Rule: "Keep everything in front of you". The first half TD should have never happened. Isn't that taught in Grid Kids?
I get frustrated as Hell, but especially if late? We just don't give up many points in the second half.

7 points for the Cougs.
10 points for the Beavers
0 points for Utah
14 in a shootout with SC. 0 in the 4th quarter
0 for ASU
15 for a very good Duck team

Stanford was an exception, and I was coaching so didn't see that. I think what you mentioned about letting guys get behind us rang true then. What concerns me is that ever since the Oregon game we have left a TON of points on the field offensively, and while Penix has made some great throws? He's looked below average to bad more than he has looked like a Heisman contender.

I really am curious what is up there. He seems mentally weak. The fact that he has been so over taken by emotions after something like three wins this year is odd? Last night he looked like a kid that KNEW he might have blown the game. Emotions are one thing, but he was reduced to tears against USC and WSU. Two teams not even ranked. Does he not expect us to beat unranked opponents?

I don't know what happened to the Cougs during their six game losing streak, but they looked like the team that beat Oregon State last night. Hats off to them. But if Penix and the offense play like that on Friday? We're toast. I'm far more concerned about why the offense has lost its way. The defense seems to do enough to keep us in games.

We had chances to deliver knock out blows on offense in every game since Oregon, and haven't been able to do it. It's strange to me. Penix was pretty bad last night. That needs to get figured out. I used to really want the Seahawks to draft him, but I no longer think he has what it takes mentally to play at a high level in the NFL. Gets rattled way too easy.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:25 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:21 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:28 pm
Michael K. wrote:

Good point. I think he had missed three straight though, and looked bad doing it. Big way to bounce back though! Still, based on the plays they called against Utah and yesterday? Doesn’t seem like the coaches had much faith in him either. Run the ball twice against Utah and kick the short FG, and you certainly do that yesterday in a tie game. Zero clue what our coaches were thinking at the end of the two halves last night. It nearly cost us the game.
Yeah I saw that after I posted.....3 straight misses is no Bueno...
dt