Breaking: Looks like Jedd is the man!

ddraig

Re: Breaking: Looks like Jedd is the man!

Post by ddraig » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:17 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:35 am
He may be a good coach, but why leave Arizona for Washington? If it's just for the money that would indicate to me that he will probably leave UW for a better job at the first opportunity. The more success he has here, the sooner he'll be gone. I'd rather have someone with less career ambition and more love for coaching.
Washington has a much more powerful football draw. Arizona is basketball. The prestige is enormous here vs. Arizona. The guy is a great recruiter. That should translate into some really good future years. I'd be surprised if we don't go to a bowl game next year. Perhaps back into the Championship in two or three years.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:42 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:35 am
He may be a good coach, but why leave Arizona for Washington? If it's just for the money that would indicate to me that he will probably leave UW for a better job at the first opportunity. The more success he has here, the sooner he'll be gone. I'd rather have someone with less career ambition and more love for coaching.
I would recommend entering the most recent half century's version of college football or finding a local Jr. High team to root for.. lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:06 pm

I find it pretty comical how everyone is suddenly so aghast about the sleaziness of College sports like it just started this week.

Remember this movie with Robby Benson. It was about corruption in college athletics. It came out in 1977.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_on_One_(1977_film)
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:34 pm

If Fisch can get Fifita and a few of his cohorts to come over here, the Dawgs may actually be better next year than they would have been if DeBoer stayed. I would certainly rather have Fafita than Will Rogers.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:41 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:34 pm
If Fisch can get Fifita and a few of his cohorts to come over here, the Dawgs may actually be better next year than they would have been if DeBoer stayed. I would certainly rather have Fafita than Will Rogers.
Yep, could be a blessing in disguise. Fisch seems like more of an intellectual than DeBoer as well who always struck me as a bit of a rube. That is going to sound like sour grapes but always thought that. ha
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:55 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:41 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Yep, could be a blessing in disguise. Fisch seems like more of an intellectual than DeBoer as well who always struck me as a bit of a rube. That is going to sound like sour grapes but always thought that. ha
Hugh Millen was on the radio today and talked about Fisch. His oldest son was recruited by him when he was at UCLA and his younger son was recruited by him at Arizona. He said that he is extremely detail oriented and has a huge NFL style playback. He thinks that it may have been a bit too complex at first which could have contributed to the slow start at Arizona. That seems like even more reason why getting some of the core guys from Arizona could be important.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:59 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:41 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
I'm mostly excited about the recruiting aspect. DeBoer's lack of strong recruiting was puzzling to me. We just lost our third game in two years, and it was the National Championship. I'd like to believe that would have earned better classes than KDB was able to pull in.

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:22 am

Rumor out of Arizona that the quarterback and wide receiver are on their way to Washington Keep your fingers crossed

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:53 am

AZOldDawg wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:22 am
Rumor out of Arizona that the quarterback and wide receiver are on their way to Washington Keep your fingers crossed
Yeah that receiver is J-Mac's brother Tetoira, who might actually be the better player between the two when all is said and done. better pro prospect as he is taller and excels at high-pointing the ball - big target with decent speed, a poor-man's Odunze. Be nice to get the halfback Coleman too, as rumored a possibility. He posted some pretty big numbers there, better than Johnson's this past year.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:29 am

57reasons wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:53 am
AZOldDawg wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:22 am
Yeah that receiver is J-Mac's brother Tetoira, who might actually be the better player between the two when all is said and done. better pro prospect as he is taller and excels at high-pointing the ball - big target with decent speed, a poor-man's Odunze. Be nice to get the halfback Coleman too, as rumored a possibility. He posted some pretty big numbers there, better than Johnson's this past year.
What are the rules on declaring for the draft? Can they change their mind. I am wondering if playing with his brother might be attractive for Jalen to give it another year. I am kind of thinking he shouldn't have declared. If he came back and put up a full healthy season of tape You would think he could improve his draft stock drastically. .