Whoa! Could WA finally have a Republican Governor again??

D-train

Re: Whoa! Could WA finally have a Republican Governor again??

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:01 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:19 am
Election denialism an excess of the far right? You seem to have forgotten about Hillary supporters in 2016 and Gore supporters in 2000.
SEVERE case of selective memory. Stage IV maybe Stage V.

Hillary had ALL MSM Media on her side and claimed that a couple dozens Russian Bots cost her the election. Can't fathom how anyone could "Forget" that.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:06 am

Maybe this will Jog your memory, Gil. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP4hzhxFE4g
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:48 am

Just going to put this here. As an added bonus she is so cute. lol
dt

gil

Post by gil » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:37 pm

Yes, a lot of Democrats whined (and have been whining) about 2000 and 2016 (and don't forget 2004!) My point wasn't about anything that Democrats did or do, it was that if Republicans want to win in Washington, they should cut out the crap about having won in 2000 and stick with real issues. And despite the whining, as far as I know the Democratic Party candidates in these elections (Gore, Kerry, Clinton) all conceded pretty quickly. (Unlike, Trump, Kari Lake, Joe Kent, Loren Culp ...) Biden as VP in 2017 (like Mike Pence as VP in 2021) presided over the senate counting of electoral votes. Neither Biden nor Pence accepted objections from their own party that were unfounded on facts and/or the constitution. Do people think Biden would have won in 2020 if his campaign had been "We actually won in 2016 and I'm taking back your country for all of you"? It would be a bad look in general and a loser politically.

Back to Washington. I hope Reichert runs as a center right candidate. *IF* he can get the Republican nomination holding without supporting far right positions (e.g., that Biden and Inslee did not actually win in 2020), I think he has a good chance in the general election. Stick with homelessness, economic opportunity, housing, immigration, capital gains taxes, carbon taxes that raised the price of fossil fuels - that is, stick with things that average people - moderates, center right, center left - care about.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:49 pm

Reichert, when asked about "abortion" should say that his personal opinion has nothing to do with how the State perceives the issue. I'm certain it will come up. It is the State Legislature's responsibility and his opinion holds no weight with them.

gil

Post by gil » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:21 pm

ddraig wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:49 pm
Reichert, when asked about "abortion" should say that his personal opinion has nothing to do with how the State perceives the issue. I'm certain it will come up. It is the State Legislature's responsibility and his opinion holds no weight with them.
In an interview 6 months ago, Reichert said that he has always been pro-life, but that if the issue comes up when he's governor, he wants to put it to a vote of the people. "It's too important for the governor or the legislature to make that decision."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1dN0sS

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:53 pm

I'll go with that. Either way, the Governor has no vote with the Legislature and only one vote as a private citizen.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:09 pm

I find it fascinating that there is a significant portion of society that is absolutely passionate about maintaining the unlimited abortion option for women that want to get fucked but are too stupid drunk or lazy to bother to utilize any of the 18 birth control options currently available according to the Planned Parenthood website.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:36 am

Longest streak
Washington has not had a Republican governor since John Spellman left office in 1985, the longest streak of Democratic leadership of any state in the country

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:15 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:09 pm
I find it fascinating that there is a significant portion of society that is absolutely passionate about maintaining the unlimited abortion option for women that want to get fucked but are too stupid drunk or lazy to bother to utilize any of the 18 birth control options currently available according to the Planned Parenthood website.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control
So there should be limits as a function of intelligence?