Mariners acquire Jorge Polanco from the Twins!!!!!

bpj

Re: Mariners acquire Jorge Polanco from the Twins!!!!!

Post by bpj » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:22 am

ice99 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:10 am
bpj wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:38 am
ice99 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:28 am

Ok, I get it, but how is that derogatory?

I'm not sure how that is being critical. If I said that I was told by someone to use 600 PAs, why is that derogatory?
You knew who said it to you, why be vague? Why mention it at all?

The issue I took was you said, "I was told by someone to use only the last three seasons for a player"

Then, you used partial seasons in your analysis which didn't make any sense, and wasn't how I use 3 year stats, so it didn't make any sense.

No big deal, doesn't seem to be much more to talk about if you don't think he's a 37.5 HR MOTO bat either, we agree.
I used 3 season splits, just like someone showed career splits for JRod by batting order, except that Polanco's career was longer than 3 years. You're splittng hairs.

I gave his past performance. It's just like if a Yankee fan before the 2023 season, mentioned that Aaron Judge hit 103 hrs over the past 2 years. It wasn't a prediction that he'd hit 103 hrs in the next 2 seasons. It's absolutely ridiculous that you took it that way.

What's the big deal? I should've mentioned that it was you? What difference does it make on the price of coffee in Brazil? I didn't know that I had to walk egg shells otherwise someone would throw a tantrum.

I believe Polanco could be the MOTO hitter, but it will ultimately come down to what Dipoto and Servais thinks.
You brought me into it passive-aggressively, then didn't use the 3 year stats how I would by limiting it to partial seasons and a single batting order spot so it didn't make sense when referencing what someone (I) said to use (3 seasons worth of data).

No big deal.

ice99

Post by ice99 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:34 am

bpj wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:22 am
ice99 wrote:
bpj wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:38 am

You knew who said it to you, why be vague? Why mention it at all?

The issue I took was you said, "I was told by someone to use only the last three seasons for a player"

Then, you used partial seasons in your analysis which didn't make any sense, and wasn't how I use 3 year stats, so it didn't make any sense.

No big deal, doesn't seem to be much more to talk about if you don't think he's a 37.5 HR MOTO bat either, we agree.
I used 3 season splits, just like someone showed career splits for JRod by batting order, except that Polanco's career was longer than 3 years. You're splittng hairs.

I gave his past performance. It's just like if a Yankee fan before the 2023 season, mentioned that Aaron Judge hit 103 hrs over the past 2 years. It wasn't a prediction that he'd hit 103 hrs in the next 2 seasons. It's absolutely ridiculous that you took it that way.

What's the big deal? I should've mentioned that it was you? What difference does it make on the price of coffee in Brazil? I didn't know that I had to walk egg shells otherwise someone would throw a tantrum.

I believe Polanco could be the MOTO hitter, but it will ultimately come down to what Dipoto and Servais thinks.
You brought me into it passive-aggressively, then didn't use the 3 year stats how I would so it didn't make sense.

No big deal.
No, that's seeing what you want to see on intention.

If someone says in the future, perhaps you, says that he was told to not use ordinal rankings on the x-axis since the delta is one, unlike the real data, then proceeds to plot a graph using actual x values - I wouldn't see that as a passive-agressive dig, even if I was in a direct discussion with them. I would just look at the graph.

You may not have used the stats that way, but I've done many, many 3 year split stats in past postings. Not recently, since they aren't as easily available as they have been in the past.

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:39 am

ice99 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:34 am
bpj wrote:
ice99 wrote:

You brought me into it passive-aggressively, then didn't use the 3 year stats how I would so it didn't make sense.

No big deal.

If someone says in the future, perhaps you, says that he was told to not use ordinal rankings on the x-axis since the delta is one, unlike the real data, then proceeds to plot a graph using actual x values - I wouldn't see that as a passive-agressive dig, even if I was in a direct discussion with them. I would just look at the graph.

You may not have used the stats that way, but I've done many, many 3 year split stats in past postings. Not recently, since they aren't as easily available as they have been in the past.
So why say this at all?
Attachments
Screenshot_20240131_192346_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20240131_192346_DuckDuckGo.jpg (124.6 KiB) Viewed 294 times

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:40 am

bpj wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:49 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:37 am
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/01/ ... twins.html

This tells me that Seattle isn't done augmenting there roster, especially if Haniger is only good for about 60 games.
That would be great if they could flip Canzone, Raley or Haniger plus an arm for an actually good outfielder.
There's still plenty of time. 2 months until the season starts. The Cards have a bunch of cheap young OF. Problem is, a lot of organizations want Miller, Woo, or Hancock. I'd have no problem giving up any of these players if our ownership wasn't so cheap and willing to pony up for Snell. The best move/path is literally staring at us right in the face.

ice99

Post by ice99 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:53 am

bpj wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:39 am
ice99 wrote:
bpj wrote:

No big deal.

So why say this at all?
I was using 3 year splits on a player whose career spanned more than 3 years. Why shouldn't I say it?

I don't see it as derogatory. What is the "dig"?

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:54 am

ice99 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:53 am
bpj wrote:
ice99 wrote:

So why say this at all?
I was using 3 year splits on a player whose career spanned more than 3 years. Why shouldn't I say it?

Uh huh, ok.

ice99

Post by ice99 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:58 am

bpj wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:54 am
ice99 wrote:
bpj wrote:

So why say this at all?

Uh huh, ok.
So you've been just seeing what you want to see.

Just like you fabricating the past splits was a prediction, ok.

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:59 am

ice99 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:58 am
bpj wrote:
ice99 wrote:

Uh huh, ok.

Sure ice
👍

ice99

Post by ice99 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:02 am

bpj wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:59 am
ice99 wrote:
bpj wrote:

Uh huh, ok.

Sure ice
👍
You fabricated that I got the correlation value from a table you posted too, so that's par for the course.

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:08 am

ice99 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:02 am
bpj wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:59 am
ice99 wrote:

Sure ice
👍
You fabricated that I got the correlation value from a table you posted too, so that's par for the course.
I don't post anything moderator related so go ahead and foe me. Any mod posts would come from the admin account, 👍