Jamal retiring?

auroraave

Re: Jamal retiring?

Post by auroraave » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:59 am

maoling wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:50 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:09 pm
It's just another cautionary tale in the annals of trading the farm for one player. It rarely works out and is often disastrous.
Yup, Percy, Jimmy G...PC was in on those and also some weird reaches and reclamation projects. Everybody misses in the NFL on trades sometimes.

Just ask the Broncos.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel better already.
I don't understand the Jamal hate, but I guess that is some people's thing. If he can play, I would love to see how macdonald could utilize him correctly.

trharder

Post by trharder » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:11 am

Whether he thinks he's retiring or not, Pete Carroll is likely the only person who still believed Jamal could come back again.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:18 am

AS knows what's up..
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:33 am

maoling wrote:
It's just another cautionary tale in the annals of trading the farm for one player. It rarely works out and is often disastrous.
Yup, Percy, Jimmy G...PC was in on those and also some weird reaches and reclamation projects. Everybody misses in the NFL on trades sometimes.

Just ask the Broncos.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel better already.
Believe JS handled the trades.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:33 am

Think we have a real shot at some of their guys even if it's not Madubuike or Queen.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:12 pm

auroraave wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:59 am
maoling wrote:

Just ask the Broncos.

I feel better already.
I don't understand the Jamal hate, but I guess that is some people's thing. If he can play, I would love to see how macdonald could utilize him correctly.
Couldn't agree more. Percy? Jesus H. Christ, JS gave PC and Bevell a Porshe and they tried to convert it into a Jeep! I remember the game after his trade the Jets hit him on a bomb like sixty yards down field. I wonder if Bevell's mind exploded knowing he could run a route past the line of scrimmage!? Jimmy? I loved the move when we made it. The weapon we were lacking, a Red Zone threat. I hated it as soon as Jimmy got to camp and PC spent weeks trying to teach him how to play with his hands in the dirt! You basically traded for a giant slot receiver and decided he needed to do something else!

Everyone ignores this when I say it, but when the Jets DC Greg Williams said Adams would hate it here because we wouldn't know how to use him? We scoffed....but now everyone forgets that and just assumes that it's all Jamal's fault. The dude was a fucking All Pro the two years before he got here and the first year he was here. Then we decided he was a cover Safety. Dumb.

IMO we are all about to see what these cats we have on defense can actually do when they are playing football and not being asked to play "prevent the big play" ball.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:13 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:33 am

Says the "take it up with Pete" guy. Seriously dude? Pete was JS's boss! You think the VP of Football ops had no say in personnel?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:23 pm

I don't think they approached the relationship as Pete being the boss, they worked together. Sure Pete have final say if they couldn't agree, Pete claimed he couldn't remember that ever happening. I was talking about putting a trade together. I believe that was JS's field. I believe they worked together on who to go after but in terms of trade value, that be JS. JS did assume responsibility for something

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:26 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:13 pm
Donn Beach wrote:

Says the "take it up with Pete" guy. Seriously dude? Pete was JS's boss! You think the VP of Football ops had no say in personnel?
Pete was probably involved in the big trades but a minor one like Rusty Williamson or whatever our franchise QB's name was. lol
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:26 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:23 pm
I don't think they approached the relationship as Pete being the boss, they worked together. Sure Pete have final say if they couldn't agree, Pete claimed he couldn't remember that ever happening. I was talking about putting a trade together. I believe that was JS's field. I believe they worked together on who to go after but in terms of trade value, that be JS. JS did assume responsibility for something
Yet you took issue with someone mentioning that Pete had a part in it? Genius.
Donn Beach wrote:
maoling wrote:

Just ask the Broncos.

I feel better already.
:roll: :roll: