3 most over looked positive changes

D-train

3 most over looked positive changes

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:26 pm

1. Huff's impact on the O Line
2. Nwosu's return
3. Play calling based on down and distance instead of the seemingly rando calls either throwing low % 30 yard fades on 3rd and 2 or throwing 2 yards on 3rd and 5 (I am just speculating that the new regime aren't complete idiots) leading to a far better 3rd down conversion rate.
“When I watch him coach, he’s doing a lot of teaching,” Roberts said last week on Seattle Sports’ Wyman and Bob. “I think sometimes when you’ve been coaching in the NFL for a long time, you just assume that these guys know the little things. And sometimes, they don’t. They’ve been so dominant in college that you don’t have to worry about if your foot is two inches to the outside or six inches to the outside.

“In this league, all those little things matter – pad level, knee bend, the angle that you take, if your helmet is on (the defender’s) shoulder or his number or right down the middle. … All those little things, I saw him teaching and spending a lot of time teaching it. And I love that.”
https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1777827/ ... y-roberts/

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2023/11/25/2 ... statistics
dt

Donn Beach

Re: 3 most over looked positive changes

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:30 pm

I don't think Huff has been overlooked, it's the only change they made to try and improve the Line

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:34 pm

That seemed funny to me, a wealth of experience?
In some ways, the 2024 draft offered a significant change up compared to previous drafts orchestrated by Schneider and former coach Pete Carroll. While Schneider still has never selected a guard earlier than the third round and the team bypassed an opportunity to select Washington star Troy Fautanu in the first round, Haynes, Laumea, and Jerrell - albeit against Division II competition for the latter - all bring a wealth of experience to Seattle with them, a vast contrast from many of the inexperienced line projects the franchise has taken on over the years.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:23 pm

Well, compared to JR Sweeney and George Fant.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:42 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:30 pm
I don't think Huff has been overlooked, it's the only change they made to try and improve the Line
They drafted Haynes in the 3rd round. A third round pick is nothing? They also signed Laken.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:47 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:34 pm
That seemed funny to me, a wealth of experience?
In some ways, the 2024 draft offered a significant change up compared to previous drafts orchestrated by Schneider and former coach Pete Carroll. While Schneider still has never selected a guard earlier than the third round and the team bypassed an opportunity to select Washington star Troy Fautanu in the first round, Haynes, Laumea, and Jerrell - albeit against Division II competition for the latter - all bring a wealth of experience to Seattle with them, a vast contrast from many of the inexperienced line projects the franchise has taken on over the years.
They all played almost 50 games as OFFENSIVE LINEMEN.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:29 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:42 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:30 pm
They drafted Haynes in the 3rd round. A third round pick is nothing? They also signed Laken.
As opposed to spending money? For years under PC they were known for cheap inexperienced lines. And now without him they are going to continue it. The thing they have altered is the coaching. See if it makes a difference.
One thing you can usually count on for Seattle is the offensive line being a liability, as was the case for most of the Pete Carroll era. Missing on several first-round draft picks didn’t help, but in recent years the issue has been a lack of investment. Last season the Seahawks spent less money on their offensive line than any other team in the league. According to Jason Fitzgerald at Over the Cap, that’s the case again this year

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:08 pm

The D line was the priority. That is where the money has gone the past two seasons.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:04 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:08 pm
The D line was the priority. That is where the money has gone the past two seasons.
Because they continually swung and missed. Not just on D Line either, because there were several O Lineman too, but McDowell turned into Richardson, then they reached and drafted Collier. And don't get me started on not drafting Chris Jones.

They haven't drafted or paid the right players. Let's hope that was more PC and not JS.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:42 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:04 am
D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:08 pm
Because they continually swung and missed. Not just on D Line either, because there were several O Lineman too, but McDowell turned into Richardson, then they reached and drafted Collier. And don't get me started on not drafting Chris Jones.

They haven't drafted or paid the right players. Let's hope that was more PC and not JS.
McDowell and Eskridge instead of Ramczyk and Humphrey. My God they still haunt to this day...
dt