My Best Rant Yet

AZOldDawg

My Best Rant Yet

Post by AZOldDawg » Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:09 am

Scott to the press after the game, “We are trying a lot of things to unlock the offense”. Horseshit. We’re sure not changing the players or the management. You have a lead off hitter uppercutting everything including a bunt instead of trying to get on base. You’re not Ricky!!! Your first baseman has a pee wee league loop in his swing and regresses. Your DH is hitting.170. Your second baseman has improved to the Mendoza line and plays with the energy of a slug. You have an outfielder who needs to retire and coach. Cal and Julio need some plate discipline. Rojas and Raley have potential and could blossom with good coaching. Your best hitter right now appears to be a dfa pick up. Enough.

Millikin

Re: My Best Rant Yet

Post by Millikin » Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:15 am

The 170 dh is the most egregious to me.

You've a got a spot in the lineup for a guy that only has to bat. He doesn't have to be good at fielding, or even tire himself out running on and off the field. He just needs to hit.

Get a real DH. Rooker?

Garver, if he's only a backup catcher... Fine, I guess. But I'd rather just get a good defensive backup catcher if hitting doesn't matter.

And yes, fine rant indeed Sir
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

OLdvanDawg

Post by OLdvanDawg » Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:04 am

Coaching is the main issue. At this point, the season is now over and they should be sellers, instead of buyers but they don’t have anything to sell other than pitching. Why isn’t Servais using Santos? Is he hurt again? He’s pitched, what, two times? Why hasn’t Garver been DFA’d? Batting .170 for a DH? So what if he’s the back up catcher. Play him that way. 0 for 3 with three strike outs. I know players go into slumps but a team doesn’t slump for three months unless there is something really wrong. It starts with coaching. The whole coaching staff needs to go except the pitching coach. Such a great starting staff and they have nothing to show for it.

OLdvanDawg

Post by OLdvanDawg » Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:44 am

Why Stanek again in the 8th 7-22 game? Miller pitches great again and probably won’t get anything out of it. Now two walks in a row. Come on Servais, use some else.