OT Headed to California

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: OT Headed to California

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:30 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:20 pm
Just locked in this Crib. 17 minute commute and the owner pays HOA fees, Landscaping and Pool Maintenance.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4280 ... 4573_zpid/
I'm going to be in Moorepark on Tuesday - morning.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:34 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:30 pm
D-train wrote:
Just locked in this Crib. 17 minute commute and the owner pays HOA fees, Landscaping and Pool Maintenance.

Wild. I am fleeing my this God forsaken Motel room for a VRBO in a few hours. I will be working Tuesday in TO but come down for lunch or dinner.
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Sep 06, 2024 4:57 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:34 pm
Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:30 pm
D-train wrote:

Wild. I am fleeing my this God forsaken Motel room for a VRBO in a few hours. I will be working Tuesday in TO but come down for lunch or dinner.
I would do that if I had more time.
I will be at a gas station 7am to 1pm, then drive to Phoenix, which is a 6.5 hour drive.
The site isn't too far from the house you are renting.....roughly 12 minutes.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:25 am

Yet another insane twist!

So the whole reason I was hired and asked to move to Thousand Oaks area was to work on site at Amgen, the world's largest biotech 5 days a week. $175 billion market cap and $31 billion in revenues. I figured everything was a done deal when I started my first day but was told it would be a couple weeks because they are negotiating my rate. Last week I was told that they had budget cuts and could no longer afford me. lol Can't make it up.

At first I was like what now??? But then word got out that I was available to lead projects and join teams working with other companies and I was flooded with requests to join meetings and am now involved with 4 other companies and projects. Here is the twilight zone aspect of it. I obviously can't work with other clients on site at Amgen and all of these companies are on the East Coast! So I will be back to working from home from 6am to 3pm PDT!! :lol: :lol:

Dream world! Can't make it up!!!
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:36 am

Screenshot 2024-09-13 5.33.53 PM.png
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:14 am

D-train wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:25 am

So the whole reason I was hired and asked to move to Thousand Oaks area was to work on site at Amgen, the world's largest biotech 5 days a week. $175 billion market cap and $31 billion in revenues. I figured everything was a done deal when I started my first day but was told it would be a couple weeks because they are negotiating my rate. Last week I was told that they had budget cuts and could no longer afford me. lol Can't make it up.

At first I was like what now??? But then word got out that I was available to lead projects and join teams working with other companies and I was flooded with requests to join meetings and am now involved with 4 other companies and projects. Here is the twilight zone aspect of it. I obviously can't work with other clients on site at Amgen and all of these companies are on the East Coast! So I will be back to working from home from 6am to 3pm PDT!! :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a stressful week. Glad it's working out well, can you redirect your uhauls to Idaho or somewhere decent now that you don't have to be there?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:41 pm

bpj wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:14 am
D-train wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:25 am

Sounds like a stressful week. Glad it's working out well, can you redirect your uhauls to Idaho or somewhere decent now that you don't have to be there?
No, I already signed an $84k lease on this house and I might eventually work at Amgen at least part time if the the can find a way to pay me out of their $31B in revenues. LOL

Here is the place. Scroll down to see all the pics. You have to come down and visit us. It is summer all year long here.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/4280-Laure ... 4573_zpid/
dt