60 Minutes busted swapping Harris interview answers

Do you support the Press intentionally misrepresenting the facts of the news?

No - it's never right - we deserve the truth.
33%
Yes - I enjoy being lied to in general.
67%
Yes - but only when it benefits my side.
No votes

Total votes: 3

D-train

Re: 60 Minutes busted swapping Harris interview answers

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 14, 2024 3:00 pm

And why can't mail in ballots be processed until after election day???

Here we are with Elon launching rockets into space on the daily and the government has a bunch of old ladies manually opening envelopes with letter openers and counting ballots like it is 1924. Just beyond belief.

After the 2000 election debacle I came up with a simple solution. Vote by phone. From midnight to 8pm (20 hour window) on election day you vote by phone. Call a 1-800 number. Enter your voter ID code and vote. Only 1 vote per voter ID code. 1 for Trump and 2 for Harris. The .01% of people that don't have phones can either borrow a phone or walk their pathetic assess down to the voting office.

At 9pm the winner would be announced. So fucking simple.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Mon Oct 14, 2024 3:25 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:51 pm
Once again 60 minutes airs a 20 minute anti Trump attack ad last night:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pennsylvan ... ranscript/
Sorry dude, I need more convincing. I'm still on the fence about Kamala's bumbling nonsensical word salad suddenly turning into "I want to end the war" as being in her favor. :lol:

I will give Gil credit for his one honest answer - he admitted Kamala knows the dem policies are total failures - so she is avoiding engaging - which means the dems know it and it is their strategy - avoid the issues - which means Gil knows this and understands this - and is going to vote for a party who ACKNOWLEDGES their policies are bad. Voting to be poorer, more unsafe, more censorship, more war, more death and destruction.

The dems run on nothing because they cannot dispute Trump's policy successes - therefore dem voters are choosing to ignore the actual issues - I mean try wrapping your mind around that - actually voting against smart policy that makes your life better! No matter how you look at it - that makes no sense - our policies suck - so we will avoid it and tell our base to ignore the issues that are harming them - WHO THE FUCK SUPPORTS THAT?

The dems aren't even running on ANY traditional dem values - which you could at least debate them on. No - the only candidate who is ACTUALLY running on traditional dem values is TRUMP - he was a NY liberal dem his entire life - he had to join the republican party to run against hilary. It's the greatest irony of all - anti big gov, anti war, pro choice, trump is literally what the dems traditionally vote for. You have to be truly clueless and/or willfully ignorant to suggest the dem party represents any traditional values - they are completely owned by their donor base - phizer, blackrock, the war machine... none of those entities have your best interest in mind - none. Every single 'policy' is to their r benefit - and at your expense. Figure it out.

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE 2024

gil

Post by gil » Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:37 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:51 pm
Once again 60 minutes airs a 20 minute anti Trump attack ad last night:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pennsylvan ... ranscript/
I didn't see the show, but I read the transcript you posted. I don't see how it is "anti'Trump". Unless telling the truth is anti-Trump (?)

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:50 pm

Wake me up when they interview and Anti Harris Democrat. This about the third time (that I have seen) that they have interviewed an anti Trump Republican.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:06 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:50 pm
Wake me up when they interview and Anti Harris Democrat. This about the third time (that I have seen) that they have interviewed an anti Trump Republican.
What makes you say that Al Schmidt is anti-Trump? Because he refused to go along with Trump's attempts to cast doubts on a fair election in 2020? I don't see anything in the transcript where he stated his preference. He was talking about elections and election security.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:26 pm

Guys,
Gil is a single-issue voter that believes that Trump was yelling for a rebellion on January 6th. Because of his blind beliefs in the left, he has to believe them.

Gil may not like Harris, but he can't vote for President Trump because of the SINGLE-ISSUE referenced above.

In my opinion, any single-issue voter should be mocked and berated for their "lack of vision".

To turn a phrase....."I find your lack of vision disturbing".

gil

Post by gil » Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:31 pm

It's really nice to know what I believe and why I believe it. I appreciate all the help. :lol:

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:35 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:26 pm
Guys,
Gil is a single-issue voter that believes that Trump was yelling for a rebellion on January 6th. Because of his blind beliefs in the left, he has to believe them.

Gil may not like Harris, but he can't vote for President Trump because of the SINGLE-ISSUE referenced above.

In my opinion, any single-issue voter should be mocked and berated for their "lack of vision".

To turn a phrase....."I find your lack of vision disturbing".
I'll wager a bet that's not the only issue that keeps Gil from voting for Trump.

What a dishonest framing.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:56 pm

gil wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:06 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:50 pm
What makes you say that Al Schmidt is anti-Trump? Because he refused to go along with Trump's attempts to cast doubts on a fair election in 2020? I don't see anything in the transcript where he stated his preference. He was talking about elections and election security.
So the only point of running that story was simply to offer a public service announcement to reassure Americans that the entire election will be fair right??? Come on man. They could have done that without even bringing up Trump.

Did they have an episode interviewing a Dem saying the entire Russian interference BS was a complete hoax? No, of course not.
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Mon Oct 14, 2024 10:18 pm

If you want to know why I won't vote Trump:

1. I can't get behind a serial liar. You can play dumb and claim he doesn't lie... but you know he's a serial liar. I expect someone in the Oval Office with at least a basic sense of reality within the truth. It puts people in danger... whether that's not believing that Covid should be taken seriously, vilifying perfectly hard working immigrants from Latin countries by saying they're coming from insane asylums, making people think FEMA isn't helping thus interrupting the work they do to help people in the recovery effort from hurricanes... the list goes on and on.

2. I can't get behind someone who just in general seems like a bad person. The rhetoric used to demean people is utterly childish and unbecoming of a nominee. I expect someone with a basic sense of decorum... he has none. Hell, Biden worked hand in hand with Republican governors in both North Carolina and Florida... offered to help in any way and both governors thanked him for the work. Trump was just on stage again saying he's going to hold federal money hostage for wild fires in California because he doesn't like Newsom. Pathetic. He's been touting a "day of violence" in a Purge-like scenario to end crime of late... like what?

3. I can't get behind someone who aligns their policies with that of the religious right. He's not a religious person... that much is clear. But he's aligned with people who utilize religion to gain influence and power which strips the rights of people who are vilified by Christianity. He aligns with them to elevate himself to the attention he wants as a narcissist.

4. My life economically wasn't any better under Trump than it has been with Harris/Biden. I'm not 50+ years old and sitting on a nest egg of investments and real estate that I want to protect from being taxed. I suspect that is a major benefit for the lot of you to vote for Trump... given the age you are the wealth you've likely acquired. The only ticket thus far that has ever aimed to help me in my lifetime was Harris/Biden and that came with them working to get part of my student loans covered. That would be real financial impact for my life. Not saving $3,000 on my tax returns for a few years, then having those tax cuts expire, while tax cuts for corporations continue. I didn't see a big salary boost under Trump. My rent was more or less the same under Trump. I really don't care about spending $40-80 more in gas/groceries and wouldn't trade that for the issues I raised above. Trump has offered exactly ZERO to my generation both while being President and campaigning for another candidacy. Instead, he's vilified my generation... calling us lazy and entitled... offering no help other than "a beautiful economy." Hollow words while boomers take 3-month long retirement vacations to Hawaii every year and own 5 homes.

5. I do not think Trump incited an insurrection. I do think he acted like a big baby when he lost the election and anyone fit for holding the Presidency would have acted far more like an adult. I do think the childish antics he and his legal team tried to pull to sow misinformation about the election is a threat to democracy and like I mentioned above, his proneness to narcissism is not a trait of a a leader I can get behind. This, "democracy is only a thing if we win" needs to stop.

6. The vast bulk of cabinet from the last candidacy doesn't support him. They say he's more or less an idiot who is unfit for office. When as many people who worked closely to Trump come out and do a total 180 against him the second time... I think that's pretty damning.

7. His handling of Covid was pathetic. The back and forth between satisfying his base and claiming that Covid isn't/wasn't a real threat vs taking credit for Project Warp Speed will forever be damning to me. You can't have it both ways... and him trying to have it both ways had the chance to harm/probably harmed a lot of people. He'll say anything in the right circles to gain favor... that's not a sign of a leader.

8. Republicans have failed to pass any meaningful legislation despite holding both the house and senate over the past number of years. I've seen pretty much nothing but disruption and virtually nothing put forward to push along their ideals. Have a vision of the future and back it up with proposed policy... they just don't. Trump's "concepts of plans" comment about healthcare was so telling. You can't aim to strike down Obamacare (like he did many times) and then have nothing in it's place once it's gone. "Beautiful healthcare" doesn't cut it. The job of elected officials is to create policy that moves the country forward and that both sides can meaningfully get behind. I've said this before, if Republicans offered me anything I'd listen.

I could name a hundred more points but will stop there.
Last edited by Seattle or Bust on Mon Oct 14, 2024 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.