Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

trharder
Posts: 2795
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 3:47 am

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by trharder » Tue Sep 29, 2026 2:06 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 11:40 pm
Also, didn't Nwosu and Emmanwori both blow opportunities for interceptions?

At least they came out of this game without any injuries (that i'm aware of). Really need to get Julian back though.
Spoon looked like a rookie at times. I only noticed #3 one time the whole game. DLaw crashed down instead of keeping his assignment, which let Mariota keep for the first down to end the game.
This team depends on the defense to play better.

auroraave
Posts: 2569
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:35 pm
Location: Beverly Hills, Ca.

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by auroraave » Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:05 pm

trharder wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 29, 2026 2:06 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 11:40 pm
Also, didn't Nwosu and Emmanwori both blow opportunities for interceptions?

At least they came out of this game without any injuries (that i'm aware of). Really need to get Julian back though.
Spoon looked like a rookie at times. I only noticed #3 one time the whole game. DLaw crashed down instead of keeping his assignment, which let Mariota keep for the first down to end the game.
This team depends on the defense to play better.
I think Love and Okada out really hurt the defense. Hard to have a healthy team - Seattle got so so lucky last year. Almost feels unreal having a loss - it's been so long! The good news is the lambs lost in hilarious fashion and McVey looks like he's 'bout to blow a gasket. Damn shame. :lol:

Also, even Dickson had an off game. That's how wild this game was. Hopefully we ate all our shitburgers in one game. I still say Darnold balled out - nearly 400 yards passing in shitty conditions and with no running game.

Donn Beach
Posts: 21104
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:16 pm

I was gonna say, there are some areas of concern. Special teams haven't been very special, and it goes beyond Dickson's poor game.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/seattle-seah ... ck-returns

XpertDBA
Posts: 1518
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 3:35 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by XpertDBA » Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:22 pm

Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:16 pm
I was gonna say, there are some areas of concern. Special teams haven't been very special, and it goes beyond Dickson's poor game.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/seattle-seah ... ck-returns
I agree. Is there some reason our kickoff return defense is so fucking slow getting down the field? The returner is up to the 30 yard line usually before we see anyone even come into the TV screen. I thought we're supposed to have our fastest players on that unit to keep opponents between the 15 and 25 yard lines.

auroraave
Posts: 2569
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:35 pm
Location: Beverly Hills, Ca.

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by auroraave » Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:26 pm

XpertDBA wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:22 pm
Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:16 pm
I was gonna say, there are some areas of concern. Special teams haven't been very special, and it goes beyond Dickson's poor game.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/seattle-seah ... ck-returns
I agree. Is there some reason our kickoff return defense is so fucking slow getting down the field? The returner is up to the 30 yard line usually before we see anyone even come into the TV screen. I thought we're supposed to have our fastest players on that unit to keep opponents between the 15 and 25 yard lines.
They were playing on a rain soaked grass field - everyone is slower in that situation.

Donn Beach
Posts: 21104
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:38 pm

its the season so far at issue, not just that game
With Week 3 almost wrapped up, the Seahawks rank 30th in yards per return allowed at 30.1. They have already allowed five of 11 kickoffs to be run back for at least 30 yards. In 2025, the Seahawks only allowed eight such returns. The average starting field position for Seahawks opponents off of kickoffs is their own 32, which is worse than league average and includes touchbacks and illegal kicks that bring the ball to the 40.

XpertDBA
Posts: 1518
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 3:35 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by XpertDBA » Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:42 pm

auroraave wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:26 pm
XpertDBA wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:22 pm
Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:16 pm
I was gonna say, there are some areas of concern. Special teams haven't been very special, and it goes beyond Dickson's poor game.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/seattle-seah ... ck-returns
I agree. Is there some reason our kickoff return defense is so fucking slow getting down the field? The returner is up to the 30 yard line usually before we see anyone even come into the TV screen. I thought we're supposed to have our fastest players on that unit to keep opponents between the 15 and 25 yard lines.
They were playing on a rain soaked grass field - everyone is slower in that situation.
It's been every game. Every kickoff so far, I'm stunned with how far the returner gets before he's first touched. That's so unlike Seattle special teams in the past.

Michael K.
Posts: 14735
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by Michael K. » Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:56 pm

auroraave wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:05 pm
I think Love and Okada out really hurt the defense. Hard to have a healthy team - Seattle got so so lucky last year. Almost feels unreal having a loss - it's been so long! The good news is the lambs lost in hilarious fashion and McVey looks like he's 'bout to blow a gasket. Damn shame. :lol:

Also, even Dickson had an off game. That's how wild this game was. Hopefully we ate all our shitburgers in one game. I still say Darnold balled out - nearly 400 yards passing in shitty conditions and with no running game.
I didn't research this, but someone posted on X that the last time we didn't have Love at Safety was the Tampa Bay loss. Mayfield looked like Dan Marino that game. Darnold was great, except for the incredibly HUGE two mistakes that he made that lead directly to 14 points for the other team.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83235
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:28 pm

XpertDBA wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:42 pm
auroraave wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:26 pm
XpertDBA wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:22 pm


I agree. Is there some reason our kickoff return defense is so fucking slow getting down the field? The returner is up to the 30 yard line usually before we see anyone even come into the TV screen. I thought we're supposed to have our fastest players on that unit to keep opponents between the 15 and 25 yard lines.
They were playing on a rain soaked grass field - everyone is slower in that situation.
It's been every game. Every kickoff so far, I'm stunned with how far the returner gets before he's first touched. That's so unlike Seattle special teams in the past.
And I guess the wet field wasn't a problem for the returner....
dt

User avatar
Sibelius Hindemith
Posts: 16646
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 am
Location: Seattle

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:28 pm

Michael K. wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:56 pm
auroraave wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 29, 2026 1:05 pm
I think Love and Okada out really hurt the defense. Hard to have a healthy team - Seattle got so so lucky last year. Almost feels unreal having a loss - it's been so long! The good news is the lambs lost in hilarious fashion and McVey looks like he's 'bout to blow a gasket. Damn shame. :lol:

Also, even Dickson had an off game. That's how wild this game was. Hopefully we ate all our shitburgers in one game. I still say Darnold balled out - nearly 400 yards passing in shitty conditions and with no running game.
I didn't research this, but someone posted on X that the last time we didn't have Love at Safety was the Tampa Bay loss. Mayfield looked like Dan Marino that game. Darnold was great, except for the incredibly HUGE two mistakes that he made that lead directly to 14 points for the other team.
Doesn't Love call out the defdnsive adjustments/alignments when he's out there? Basically the quarterback of the D.

Post Reply