Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83310
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 01, 2026 7:22 pm

dt

User avatar
Sibelius Hindemith
Posts: 16661
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 am
Location: Seattle

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:40 pm

Continuity? With all his experience i'm still not sure AB has a clue what his blocking assignments are or how to make an adjustment. He is a road grader on those zone run blocks though.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83310
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 01, 2026 10:31 pm

auroraave wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 01, 2026 4:01 pm
trharder wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 01, 2026 2:59 am
Shaheed
314 Total All-Purpose Yards - 104.7 ave/game

I'm totally aware Horton has been an injury nightmare. Almost as bad as Procise.
But as of today, I believe he's healthy, and IMO, a better choice to catch a pass over Shaheed.
He's a bigger target making him a more difficult match up - he's a long strider too. I just don't put Shaheed in the same category as horton who is purely a receiver, and Shaheed plays everywhere. They fill different roles. Shaheed is more like Percy Harvin, a guy who you want to get out in space and see what happens, Horton is strictly a receiver - and that is not a knock on him at all - it's that they serve different functions BY DESIGN. My God Shaheed was an absolute life saver last year - in critical times. I really don't get the lamanations towards him three games in. I guess we're just ignoring his overall contributions to the team because he's not lighting it up right this second. Dude also seems to stay healthy - there's 14 more gamed to go, seems like we would reserve judgement until more games this sewason have been played. Guess not. Fire JS! :lol:
Three games? it's actually been 12 games. 21 catches.

Signing a guy to return kickoffs and punts for touchdowns like he did last season is like signing a baseball player to hit inside the park home runs or a basketball player to hit game winning half court shots. They were awesome but you don't pay a guy based on that.

How much did Leon Washington make relative to The League average
dt

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83310
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by D-train » Thu Oct 01, 2026 10:38 pm

He made 45 catches in 9 games with the Saints so I know he's capable. Maybe it's the scheme and the fact that Json is so much better. Maybe when they start double teaming and triple teaming jsn he'll find some opportunities in the near future
dt

Donn Beach
Posts: 21134
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Oct 02, 2026 3:31 am

douche wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:58 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:47 pm
I liked the trade and he made some huge plays without which they probably don't get to the SB. That said, he offers little value as a WR so if he isn't near the league lead in kick and punt returns that contract was a waste of money. Looks to me like he is making a log of business (or health) decisions out there this season.
Fair and accurate assessment, in my opinion.
He beeds to contribute as a WR. I think the ST Stuff is blown out of proportion. I think it was an outlier that's also a function of the entire ST. Those were designed plays, I imagine the league has adjusted. But I don't believe JS is a dummy. It's not like Rasheeds production has fallen off. He's basically the same player he was when he got the contract. Hasn't busted a kick but you can't expect that

auroraave
Posts: 2573
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:35 pm
Location: Beverly Hills, Ca.

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by auroraave » Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:09 am

Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 3:31 am
douche wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:58 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:47 pm
I liked the trade and he made some huge plays without which they probably don't get to the SB. That said, he offers little value as a WR so if he isn't near the league lead in kick and punt returns that contract was a waste of money. Looks to me like he is making a log of business (or health) decisions out there this season.
Fair and accurate assessment, in my opinion.
He beeds to contribute as a WR. I think the ST Stuff is blown out of proportion. I think it was an outlier that's also a function of the entire ST. Those were designed plays, I imagine the league has adjusted. But I don't believe JS is a dummy. It's not like Rasheeds production has fallen off. He's basically the same player he was when he got the contract. Hasn't busted a kick but you can't expect that
SHaheed had three kick returns that changed the trajectory of each game and, frankly, Seattle's season. AT ATL we come out of halftime up 6-3 - he returns second half kickoff for a TD and Seattle never looked back. Against the Lambs his punt return literally changed the entire trajectory of that game, propelling Seattle into a wild and improbable comeback for the ages that not only helped win that game, but the division and #1 seed as well. Arguably the biggest play of the season not named a two point conversion. In the playoffs vs SF he set the tone with the opening kick and Seattle never looked back. SF had NO chance after that. All critical plays. That's why he got paid. He's not a number one receiver and expectations are as such - his big play ability is his skill set. The season is young, who knows what the next 14 games hold. I just can't get upset.

When people are complaining about him not matching JSN's output - remember those three KEY plays. Changed the entire season in Seattle's favor. Remarkable how short people's memories are.

Donn Beach
Posts: 21134
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:14 am

I don't agree, JS didn't give him $17 mil a season because of those kick returns.
Top kick return specialists in the NFL earn an average annual value of around $6 million.
The highest-paid pure return specialist in the league is KaVontae Turpin of the Dallas Cowboys, who signed a three-year, $18 million contract extension averaging $6 million per year
I don't believe JS feels he overpaid him. I also don't believe he gave him all that money for his kick returns. His primary value is a WR

Donn Beach
Posts: 21134
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:20 am

That being said, the seahawks have one of the top passing offenses in the NFL. I'm not sure how you even involve him at this point. That to me seems like a good thing particularly since he seems patient

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83310
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:25 am

auroraave wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:09 am
Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 3:31 am
douche wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:58 pm


Fair and accurate assessment, in my opinion.
He beeds to contribute as a WR. I think the ST Stuff is blown out of proportion. I think it was an outlier that's also a function of the entire ST. Those were designed plays, I imagine the league has adjusted. But I don't believe JS is a dummy. It's not like Rasheeds production has fallen off. He's basically the same player he was when he got the contract. Hasn't busted a kick but you can't expect that
SHaheed had three kick returns that changed the trajectory of each game and, frankly, Seattle's season. AT ATL we come out of halftime up 6-3 - he returns second half kickoff for a TD and Seattle never looked back. Against the Lambs his punt return literally changed the entire trajectory of that game, propelling Seattle into a wild and improbable comeback for the ages that not only helped win that game, but the division and #1 seed as well. Arguably the biggest play of the season not named a two point conversion. In the playoffs vs SF he set the tone with the opening kick and Seattle never looked back. SF had NO chance after that. All critical plays. That's why he got paid. He's not a number one receiver and expectations are as such - his big play ability is his skill set. The season is young, who knows what the next 14 games hold. I just can't get upset.

When people are complaining about him not matching JSN's output - remember those three KEY plays. Changed the entire season in Seattle's favor. Remarkable how short people's memories are.
All that is true and we will never forget those returns but you don't pay a guy for what he has done even though Vlad Guerrero Jr is on record saying that is why he got his huge contract. :roll:

What is the over under on TD returns this season? 1/2 is what I would go with...Complaining about him not matching JSNs output??? Come man that is such a ridiculous straw man and disingenuous...

Here is a "fun" comparsion.

Receiving stats:

Rashid: 6 receptions 53 yards 8.8 avg, long of 23, 0 TDs and 1 1st Down

Walker: 11 receptions 82 yards 7.5 avg, long of 22, 2 TDs and 5 1st Downs
dt

User avatar
douche
Posts: 3115
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:41 pm

Re: Post Mortem: Sea v Commodes

Post by douche » Fri Oct 02, 2026 1:36 pm

Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:14 am
I don't agree, JS didn't give him $17 mil a season because of those kick returns.
Top kick return specialists in the NFL earn an average annual value of around $6 million.
The highest-paid pure return specialist in the league is KaVontae Turpin of the Dallas Cowboys, who signed a three-year, $18 million contract extension averaging $6 million per year
I don't believe JS feels he overpaid him. I also don't believe he gave him all that money for his kick returns. His primary value is a WR
It was mentioned that Shaheed is a Percy Harvin type of player. Well, other than that big return in the SB against DEN, Harvin was essentially a no-show. The team didn't seem to know how to utilize him. And he was a nut job. Which I don't think Shaheed is.

No question that Shaheed turned last season around with his returns, but is it possible that his speed overshadows his ability to run routes and catch balls? I don't know, I'm asking. Sometimes people can get carried away with the flash, and ignore the substance. Or perhaps they're attempting to fool other teams into sleeping on him and plan to cut him loose at some point. It's still early.

Post Reply