Playoff thread
Re: Playoff thread
Looks like its going to be the Rays or White Sox in the WS vs. Hopefully the Brewers....
dt
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21187
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21187
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
Re: Playoff thread
Well most fans I think feel if the Braves with their 54% formula knock off the Dodgers that be a pretty big deal
Re: Playoff thread
LOL There is only one franchise of 30 with that inane goal.Donn Beach wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:07 amWell most fans I think feel if the Braves with their 54% formula knock off the Dodgers that be a pretty big deal
dt
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21187
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
Re: Playoff thread
Yeah, exactly, and it's interesting that it works out to the dipoto 54% formula. That's my point if dipoto was serious about winning 54% of the games for the next decade he needs to build an Atlanta Braves style team. You don't like them because they win too much 
Last edited by Donn Beach on Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Playoff thread
That has a goal of WINNING THE DIVISION AND WS EVERY SEASON!Donn Beach wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:01 amYeah, exactly and it's interesting that it works out to the dipoto 54% formula. That's my point if dipoto was serious about winning 54% of the games for the next decade he needs to build an Atlanta Braves style team
That is how you end up at 54% not this half ass sustainability goal.
dt
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21187
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
Re: Playoff thread
You got it buddy! I have nothing against sustained winning, the Braves have managed that too. But it starts with the winning, dipoto has never sustained any type of winningD-train wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:05 amThat has a goal of WINNING THE DIVISION AND WS EVERY SEASON!Donn Beach wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:01 amYeah, exactly and it's interesting that it works out to the dipoto 54% formula. That's my point if dipoto was serious about winning 54% of the games for the next decade he needs to build an Atlanta Braves style team
That is how you end up at 54% not this half ass sustainability goal.
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21187
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
Re: Playoff thread
And I don't see winning a WS as a goal. I saw where it was pointed out that MM never once last season brought up winning the SB as a goal. The goal is winning, perhaps the division. I'm really more focused on division championships as a goal than WS or SBs.
Re: Playoff thread
Then if you were in charge you would never win either....Donn Beach wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:13 amAnd I don't see winning a WS as a goal. I saw where it was pointed out that MM never once last season brought up winning the SB as a goal. The goal is winning, perhaps the division. I'm really more focused on division championships as a goal than WS or SBs.
dt