Virus Schmirus

ddraig

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by ddraig » Mon May 18, 2020 8:18 pm

A month ago, Moderna stock was selling for around $25 a share. I heard today it is now over $83. If you had purchases 40 shares at about $1000 back then. Your investment would be over $3300 today. If the governments will allow us to open restaurants and bars, the economy would take off because so many people are employed through those enterprises.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 19, 2020 12:27 am

Pac 12 update.
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Tue May 19, 2020 10:58 pm

No activity on the ol' forum. Is everyone out playing golf?!
DMM

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 20, 2020 1:28 am

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:58 pm
No activity on the ol' forum. Is everyone out playing golf?!
Yep I am 90% twitter and 10% forum these days though I did work a 12.5 hour day before heading to Logan to pick up our friend.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed May 20, 2020 9:12 am

ddraig wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:18 pm
A month ago, Moderna stock was selling for around $25 a share. I heard today it is now over $83. If you had purchases 40 shares at about $1000 back then. Your investment would be over $3300 today. If the governments will allow us to open restaurants and bars, the economy would take off because so many people are employed through those enterprises.
I actually purchased 30 shares at $22 a stock. I'm loving life at the moment!!

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 20, 2020 10:38 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:12 am
ddraig wrote:
Curious what compelled you to buy in mid March before Covid was really an issue. Did you also sell at the high Monday morning? ;)
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed May 20, 2020 11:54 am

D-train wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:38 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
ddraig wrote:
Curious what compelled you to buy in mid March before Covid was really an issue. Did you also sell at the high Monday morning? ;)
I saw a video on YouTube that said to invest a little bit of money into that stock. I watch guys like Rich TV Live and others daily. They give good tips. I got into that, Teladoc, Inovio, some silver and cannabis when the stock market was crashing. Warren Buffet always says, "Be greedy when others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy." I'm also using multiple platforms for trading. Robinhood, TD Ameritrade, Webull, and Prudential for retirement. My grandfather worked in the stock market his entire career, so I learned some tips. I know just enough not to hurt myself.

https://youtu.be/ICfTwXj6KWA

This is one of the guys I watch.

And I didn't sell. I'm holding onto my stock. I still think its gonna do well. I can't day trade due to not wanting to get labeled as a Pattern Dat Trader, and I work graveyards as well.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 20, 2020 12:07 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:54 am
D-train wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:38 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

I saw a video on YouTube that said to invest a little bit of money into that stock. I watch guys like Rich TV Live and others daily. They give good tips. I got into that, Teladoc, Inovio, some silver and cannabis when the stock market was crashing. Warren Buffet always says, "Be greedy when others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy." I'm also using multiple platforms for trading. Robinhood, TD Ameritrade, Webull, and Prudential for retirement. My grandfather worked in the stock market his entire career, so I learned some tips. I know just enough not to hurt myself.
I was able to turn $3500 into almost $600k in six months during the dotcom bubble before losing half of it. My best "trade" was 10k shares of a 31 cent penny stock that I sold for an average of $12.80 netting $125k in about 3 months. The crash was painful though as I lost $50k a day for three days in a row. Looking to get back in once my house closes next week. Here is my watch list.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed May 20, 2020 12:18 pm

Wow! Thats really good. Moderna and Ino were heating up in March and cheap enough to throw a little coin at and not sweat it. I lost a lot the day the Robinhood app crashed on the biggest rebound of the year bout a month and a half ago. I was fried. After that, I just got out of doing it myself and hired a Prudential agent to take over for me.

That's really good DT. Might be looking to you for tips some day. 😉

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 20, 2020 1:28 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:18 pm
Wow! Thats really good. Moderna and Ino were heating up in March and cheap enough to throw a little coin at and not sweat it. I lost a lot the day the Robinhood app crashed on the biggest rebound of the year bout a month and a half ago. I was fried. After that, I just got out of doing it myself and hired a Prudential agent to take over for me.

That's really good DT. Might be looking to you for tips some day. 😉
Here is my current watch list. My best piece of advice is that even when buying a stock to flip for a quick profit in a few days or weeks never buy one that you aren't willing to hold long term.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quotes/BIIB,T ... c=fin-srch
dt