mlb.com prospect update

Hanjag

mlb.com prospect update

Post by Hanjag » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:27 am

Top prospect = #25J. Kelenic
Then #68, 69, 75, 82, 88 (6 in total in top 100) . Dunn, Gilbert, Justus, White, Julio R.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019?list=sea

D-train

Re: mlb.com prospect update

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:08 am

Wow those are huge changes for a pretty small sample. They remind me of me.
dt

ice99

Post by ice99 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:16 am

Hanjag wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:27 am
Top prospect = #25J. Kelenic
Then #68, 69, 75, 82, 88 (6 in total in top 100) . Dunn, Gilbert, Justus, White, Julio R.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019?list=sea
Gilbert jumped over 20 slots - good for him.

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:27 am

That's better than the baseball america (I think it was) ranking of Kel but still too low imo. He's top 15 right now.

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:52 am

As Dtrain pointed out earlier, you can go through our minors and realistically plug guys into the holes and then look at our $0 contract obligations beginning 2021.

It's a perfect storm for success, imo.

It is incredibly hard to deal with in the moment, the current outcome is so bad. But throw $150 million in flexibility per season on top of the core and we're not sitting bad at all.

Getting Canos contract off the books then whittling down the future obligations has been masterful. Then add a worst-to-Top-10 farm system..

And I went into last offseason calling for Dipotos job. His moves since then have been a Totally Redeemede yourself, Dumb and Dumber type moment.

Jekyll and Hyde as a GM. Fortunately we have the good version now, imo.

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:27 am

bpj wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:52 am
As Dtrain pointed out earlier, you can go through our minors and realistically plug guys into the holes and then look at our $0 contract obligations beginning 2021.

It is incredibly hard to deal with in the moment, the current outcome is so bad. But throw $150 million in flexibility per season on top of the core and we're not sitting bad at all.

Getting Canos contract off the books then whittling down the future obligations has been masterful. Then add a worst-to-Top-10 farm system..

And I went into last offseason calling for Dipotos job. His moves since then have been a Totally Redeemede yourself, Dumb and Dumber type moment.

Yeah, we are totally on the way!!! :shock: :shock: Christ!!! All around the MLB, experts are pouring out the accolades for the M's being able to steal Kikukchi and Sheffield... We are in!! boys!

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:42 am

bpj wrote:

Pretty good points on J Dip. The Segura, Pazos, Nicasio trade tree does not look bad as a whole but parts of it I find mystifying. EE at the end was flabbergasting for example but looking at the series of trade trees over the last year or so as a whole I think you can see competent movement in an organized manner. Kelenic , Dunn, Bautista for Cano-Diaz is looking good. By the way Swarzak has a 0.73 ERA with ATL and Biddle has an 8.0 with us. but all in all still the same positive overall.

Some Jasses Biddle love. former Philly 1st rounder who had top 100 status before poor performance and injury landed him in Atl.A low 90s FB, plus curve ball, slider, but that was two years ago. Good size 6'6".

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:11 pm

AT Fresno wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:27 am
bpj wrote:

Yeah, we are totally on the way!!! :shock: :shock: Christ!!! All around the MLB, experts are pouring out the accolades for the M's being able to steal Kikukchi and Sheffield... We are in!! boys!
Bittermuch?

Yeah, we have a lot less holes than we used to. And the holes that are filled aren't aging, expensive bums (aside from Seager and Gordon, and I expect Gordon to be traded).

You'll be bitching until the Ms reach 100 wins.