Post Mortem: 2021 Playoffs - Seahawks v Lambs

D-train

Re: Post Mortem: 2021 Playoffs - Seahawks v Lambs

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:26 pm

Not many interested in watching ARod destroy the Rams.......

Clay Travis
@ClayTravis
·
3m
If you could only watch one NFL playoff game this weekend, which would you pick?
Rams-Packers
8.4%
Ravens-Bills
33.3%
Browns-Chiefs
26.9%
Bucs-Saints
31.3%
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:07 pm

I'm interested to see what GB can do to neutralize the Ram D-line (assuming Donald plays) and also Davonte Adams vs Jalen Ramsey. I'm guessing the Packers' offensive game plan will be better than the Seahawks' despite not having faced the Rams this season.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:39 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:07 pm
I'm interested to see what GB can do to neutralize the Ram D-line (assuming Donald plays) and also Davonte Adams vs Jalen Ramsey. I'm guessing the Packers' offensive game plan will be better than the Seahawks' despite not having faced the Rams this season.
That is a good guess. I would guess that as well. I also would guess that the sun rises here in the East and that there will be some political news of some sort next week..........though I am more confident in my first guess than the second two.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:03 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:39 pm
That is a good guess. I would guess that as well. I also would guess that the sun rises here in the East and that there will be some political news of some sort next week..........though I am more confident in my first guess than the second two.
I think if you're the Packers you have to emphasize a fast paced offense - quick slants, curl routes, draws and screens to neutralize that pass rush, get the safeties to cheat up and get a few big plays downfield. The lambs actually need a seahawks style game plan - lots of running behind that suddenly healthy oline - grind clock, keep Rodgers off the field, limit GB's possessions and keep the score low. I would not underestimate the Lambs - their confidence has to be soaring after Jarod "Napoleon Dynamite Grown Up" Gawful took down the division champs rather easily, even playing with only nine digits. Least interesting game to me, but still an interesting match up. Offense vs defense juggernauts. Those tend to favor the defense. GB choking out would not be shocking, especially if Lambs can get pressure on Rodgers.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:10 pm

The Rams will be effed up by the cold weather. That will be the difference.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:26 pm

Rams gave up 32 to the Bills, 28 to the Cards and 23 to the freakin Jets. Let's not pretend they are the 85 Bears D.

GB will score at least mid to high 20s
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:23 pm

weather makes no difference and previous games have absolutely no impact on this game. None. Completely different teams and circumstances. Nothing that has happened up until now, will have any bearing on this game, beyond the tape to review. Seattle hung 40 on the Jets, who beat the Lambs, therefore the Seahawks are a lock to beat the Lambs. Except... that's not how reality works. Funny how the same folks that were so sure that the Lambs would just roll over to the Seahawks, fail to acknowledge that past games mean absolutely nothing. Packers may win, it's their game to lose - but wasn't that the exact same thing everyone thought about Seattle? Lambs have the best defense in the league and a healthy running game - the ideal recipe for success in bad weather, not to mention the same recipe that took Seattle to two super bowls, but now that recipe doesn't count because it's the Lambs? If Donald is healthy, the Lambs may pull another upset. They have the ideal personnel to beat GB.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:35 pm

auroraave wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:23 pm
weather makes no difference and previous games have absolutely no impact on this game. None. Completely different teams and circumstances. Nothing that has happened up until now, will have any bearing on this game, beyond the tape to review. Seattle hung 40 on the Jets, who beat the Lambs, therefore the Seahawks are a lock to beat the Lambs. Except... that's not how reality works. Funny how the same folks that were so sure that the Lambs would just roll over to the Seahawks, fail to acknowledge that past games mean absolutely nothing. Packers may win, it's their game to lose - but wasn't that the exact same thing everyone thought about Seattle? Lambs have the best defense in the league and a healthy running game - the ideal recipe for success in bad weather, not to mention the same recipe that took Seattle to two super bowls, but now that recipe doesn't count because it's the Lambs? If Donald is healthy, the Lambs may pull another upset. They have the ideal personnel to beat GB.

God that is just insanity. Looks like AD is healthy. I will be rooting for both teams to lose.
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Los Angeles Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald said the rib injury he suffered in a wild-card playoff win over the Seattle Seahawks is feeling good and that he's on track to play against Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers in a divisional-round game.

"Feel good, feel real good," Donald said Wednesday. "No pain, feel healthy."
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:37 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:50 am
I am aware of the advantages of an up-tempo offense, there are also disadvantages to it or everybody would be doing it, i am not debating up-tempo offense. I am saying the issues with the Hawk offense run deeper than whipping out up-tempo...Lets say Eric Bieniemy is hired to run the offense, or even the team. You think his answer would be, heck lets run up-tempo, problem solved?
It appears you aren’t aware of the advantages, and neither is Pete. For crying out loud, at one point we had the Rams in the ropes and we fucking SUBBED! The ref jumped in stopping Russ from snapping so the Rams could make their substitutions. That game was just so fucking bad, and was so damn avoidable!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:42 pm

I would look for them to run the ball, to use tempo and to throw a few screen passes, real screen passes, not a throw that is twenty yards sideways. I also expect them to go after Ramsey with their #1 guy, but I also expect them to use motion and formation to free him up...and I don’t expect Adams to try and break his helmet if he goes a quarter without a target. Though, I doubt he goes a quarter without a target.

I also expect a poor Green Bay run defense to do a better job of stopping Akers than we did, and for Snacks to get a nice chuckle out of that.