Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Gametime

Re: Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Post by Gametime » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:50 pm

I do have an issue with Stanton. Not reaching out to the players that were addressed by this guy isn't cool in my mind. He has done wrong in my eyes. Saying he will address it when he see them, that a flipping cop out. Just crazy bad.

Call the guys addressed in this right away. Sorry, I disagree with Stanton doing no wrong in this.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:51 pm

Gametime wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:50 pm
I do have an issue with Stanton. Not reaching out to the players that were addressed by this guy isn't cool in my mind. He has done wrong in my eyes. Saying he will address it when he see them, that a flipping cop out. Just crazy bad.

Call the guys addressed in this right away. Sorry, I disagree with Stanton doing no wrong in this.
How do you know he hasn't? You are entitled to your prerogative.
Last edited by Sexymarinersfan on Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:51 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:38 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:37 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:13 pm

Yeah, I don't have a problem with setting up a meeting via zoom. Stanton has done no wrong here in my eyes, that I know of. But you still need to meet that person face to face.
So you think that Mather only talks like that in from of Rotary clubs and not in private meetings with Stanton?
I have no idea. Do you?
Yes.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:52 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:51 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
D-train wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:37 pm

So you think that Mather only talks like that in from of Rotary clubs and not in private meetings with Stanton?
I have no idea. Do you?
Yes.
Well then, please elaborate?!

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:56 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:46 pm
AT Fresno wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:42 pm
Now that Mather is gone, the rest of the crap is meaningless.... The only pertinent question should be, "who is going to replace him as CEO/President?" If the M's were smart (and they never have been), they'd pick a baseball person with developmental knowledge and great interpersonal skills.... ike Miami has with Derek Jeter and Mattingly.... I'd be tempted to talk to Cincinatti about making an offer to David Bell, or exploring options like Jamie Moyer or John Olyrud... and let the rest of the suits keep their mouths shut and the sausage making in private...
How about Ken Griffey Jr. or Mark Cuban??
If you could combine those two it would be perfect by Griffey has zero experience at anything other than being a baseball player and Cuban is an owner and a complete tool. Owners don't take jobs with other teams.

Theo or bust.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:59 pm

If Theo could take us to the promised land he would end droughts of a combined ~240 years.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:01 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:52 pm
D-train wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

I have no idea. Do you?
Yes.
There is two possibilities. Mather only talks that way when giving rotary club speeches there is a culture within the M's where it is condoned. I think the latter is far more likely.
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:02 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
AT Fresno wrote:
Now that Mather is gone, the rest of the crap is meaningless.... The only pertinent question should be, "who is going to replace him as CEO/President?" If the M's were smart (and they never have been), they'd pick a baseball person with developmental knowledge and great interpersonal skills.... ike Miami has with Derek Jeter and Mattingly.... I'd be tempted to talk to Cincinatti about making an offer to David Bell, or exploring options like Jamie Moyer or John Olyrud... and let the rest of the suits keep their mouths shut and the sausage making in private...
My sense is that Griffey has neither the desire nor aptitude to devote full time to that level of management.... prefers family, friends, and part time involvement. Mark Cuban is brilliant.... the M's could begin to play a third of their season in Wuhan Province....

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:02 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:56 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
AT Fresno wrote:
If you could combine those two it would be perfect by Griffey has zero experience at anything other than being a baseball player and Cuban is an owner and a complete tool. Owners don't take jobs with other teams.

Theo or bust.
Cuban is completely dedicated to his players and franchise. I live here in DFW as you know and witnessing firsthand his treatment of the players as well as bringing a championship to the Mavericks was a pinnacle moment of my lifetime. I.E. was never a Sonics fan, even in Seattle. Loved Charles Barkley.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:03 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:01 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:52 pm
D-train wrote:

Yes.
There is two possibilities. Mather only talks that way when giving rotary club speeches there is a culture within the M's where it is condoned. I think the latter is far more likely.
Thats Speculative

I need physical proof.