60 Minutes busted swapping Harris interview answers

Do you support the Press intentionally misrepresenting the facts of the news?

No - it's never right - we deserve the truth.
33%
Yes - I enjoy being lied to in general.
67%
Yes - but only when it benefits my side.
No votes

Total votes: 3

Walla Walla Dawg II

Re: 60 Minutes busted swapping Harris interview answers

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:34 pm

I agree with everything you said.

What get's me is that he brags about:
His education
His sports abilities
The fact that he has investments and properties

But still want's US to pay off his student loans.

Shit man, I have already paid off:
Mine
My wife's
My two boys

You know, our lives do sound kind of similar.
During my youth my parents were poor. I never got an allowance for doing chores around the house and yard.....they were just my chores and if I didn't do them, I got yelled at. For money, I mowed 4-5 lawns a week and had a paper route. When I was 12 I got a job bussing tables and washing dishes. When I was 14 I worked in a bakery. When I was 16 didn't have a job, and when my parents said that if I didn't have a job when they went on vacation, they would take me with them, I found a job at a grocery store...then the local movie theater as well.

I purchased my first car when I was 17.

I wondered down to AZ to go to a tech school and learn Computer Aided Drafting.

In 1990 I got a job in my industry and remained in that industry with corporate employers until 2004 when I started my own business.....and I've been self-employed since that time.

I own my own house with my wife
I own a vacation property in AZ
I drive a Lexus
I love my job

And my wife's life is very similar to yours.....grew up on a farm and all. Pipe moving, cow work, harvest, hay, etc...

What we have WE HAVE EARNED IT.

So for Sob to assume anything about anyone......FUCK HIM. He's obviously a dope.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:35 pm

Sob, did I mention that my wife and I DID pay off our student loans.....

Wow!!!!

We also paid off our two boys student loans.

You should try it and not be such a mooch on society.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:56 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:08 pm
XpertDBA wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:55 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:32 pm

I bet you would get absolutely cooked by any 22 year old with a tech degree coming out of college within the first 5 years of that person's employment.

I have family members that need to call their kids to ask how to "Google" something and they own online businesses.

You benefited from easy access to jobs that you more or less lucked into. Do you have a degree? If so, how much did your degree cost? How much was your first home? What % of your income went into paying for your first home?
How much money would you like to put up? I've interviewed hundreds (if not thousands) of college grads over my career. Can I can tell you one thing. College graduates over the last 10 years are a complete joke. You do realize that most every computer application ever written interfaces with a database? Do you know how many CIS or computer degrees require more than 1 class on database administration? It's rare if a college grad has ever taken more than 1 college class that deals with database administration, so you'd lose your bet without me even having to prove anything further.

The family members you refer to must be complete morons, but hey, the apples don't fall too far from the trees, huh?

And no, I didn't access my first job easily. I went 2 years to the University of Washington, realized that their affirmative action program was unfair, where 90% of the students that were chosen to get into the 'school' of Computer Science were of an Asian ethnic background. I transferred to a specialized technical college in Arizona. The school was so effective, that major companies were breaking down the door to employ our graduates, because we actually learned real world skills that companies needed for us to know right out of the gate, and they recruited off campus. I don't think it was lucky I excelled at college, but I guess I will leave that up to you. My degree is a Bachelor's Degree in C.I.S. and I paid $20,000 for it back in 1986, which was a pretty large sum of money back then. I paid every penny of my loan over 20 years. My first home was $125,000 in 1995, and I'd say 60% of my income (at first) went into my mortgage, but obviously that went down over the years. Not sure what any of this proves, other than my life wasn't luck. I earned everything I have now and am proud of my career.
You should be proud of your career.

It sounds so much like my path of travel.....earning it all.
AND I DON'T LIKE TO SHARE WITH LITTLE SHITHEADS LIKE SOB OR ANY OTHER COLLEGE HACK THAT BELIEVES THEY SHOULD BE GIVEN ANYTHING IN LIFE THAT THE RESPONSIBLE HAVE EARNED.
Ah so we're now getting angry at Asians.

To attend UW today it costs $23,000 per year for a student while living at home w. in-state tuition. $53,000 a year for a student not receiving in-state tuition. So, the average student is leaving college with $100,000-$200,000 in debt and that's if they're living at home. That number increases dramatically if they're living outside of their parent's home. You left college with about $20,000 in debt. $20,000 in 1995 was worth about $43K (we'll roll with the median 10 years after u graduated since you said you paid them off over 20 years). So you essentially got 4 years of education for half the cost of an in-state student who is living at home. 1/4th the cost of an out of state student who is living at home. 1/8th the cost of an out of state student who isn't living at home.

I'll assume you weren't living at home... so we'll roll with your education costing 1/4th the price of what it costs to attend UW today.

The median home sold for $810,000 in 2023 in the greater Seattle area. To be able to afford a home at the median value, a person must make $180K a year before taxes... and that doesn't include the student loan payment. Right now, only about 17% of American households make $180K annually and the average middle-class family in the greater Seattle area makes $120K. In 1995, the median home in the greater Seattle area sold for $115K. Adjusted for inflation, the average home in the greater Seattle area would sell for $237,000 today if they were sold at the same values in 1995. That's a difference of about $1.2 million in purchasing power that you saved in 1995 compared to 2024 when adjusted for inflation.

So... the average middle class individual is about $120K short of buying a home in the greater Seattle area in 2024. The average middle class family is about $60k short of buying a home in the greater Seattle area in 2024. And that doesn't even consider student loan payments.

You only paid 60% of your paycheck to the purchase of your first home when families are running 40% deficits before student loans are even considered and you think you didn't have it easy?

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:04 pm

I had to look...

I made it as far as Asians and you lost me. I see where he said Asians, but thats because UW has them pay full tuition and really likes enrolling them.

When trying to make a point, you cannot just throw shit like that out there (trying to make someone sound racist).

I am sorry I had to look.

You're a Dope.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:08 pm

Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:04 pm
I had to look...

I made it as far as Asians and you lost me. I see where he said Asians, but thats because UW has them pay full tuition and really likes enrolling them.

When trying to make a point, you cannot just throw shit like that out there (trying to make someone sound racist).

You're a Dope.
He mentioned inequality of Asians accounting for 90% of admittance to the program he got into at UW as a hinderance. So on brand. And I very much doubt that's true.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:15 pm

And again, as a younger person... what economic policies that Trump is proposing am I supposed to be excited about?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:17 pm

If anybody should be paying off student loans it should be the Universities and Colleges that were able to charge egregious tuition because the unlimited student loan money was flowing like Niagara Falls.

It also might be a good idea to teach personal Finance in HS. They teach Home Ec., Auto shop and wood shop but kids graduate without basic knowledge of credit so they take on student loans that crush them financially....

btw my first job AFTER college was as a Bank Teller making $6.20 an hour and now I make 25x that. I didn't luck into shit. I also went from $80k in debt in Sept of 1999 to almost $600k in March of 2000 trading the internet Bubble starting with $3500.
$50.7 billion
The Harvard University endowment, valued at $50.7 billion as of June 30, 2023, is the largest academic endowment in the world. Its value increased by over 10 billion dollars in fiscal year 2021, ending the year with its largest sum in history.
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:27 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:17 pm
If anybody should be paying off student loans it should be the Universities and Colleges that were able to charge egregious tuition because the unlimited student loan money was flowing like Niagara Falls.

It also might be a good idea to teach personal Finance in HS. They teach Home Ec., Auto shop and wood shop but kids graduate without basic knowledge of credit so they take on student loans that crush them financially....

btw my first job AFTER college was as a Bank Teller making $6.20 an hour and now I make 25x that. I didn't luck into shit. I also went from $80k in debt in Sept of 1999 to almost $600k in March of 2000 trading the internet Bubble starting with $3500.
$50.7 billion
The Harvard University endowment, valued at $50.7 billion as of June 30, 2023, is the largest academic endowment in the world. Its value increased by over 10 billion dollars in fiscal year 2021, ending the year with its largest sum in history.
You're also not a boomer.

I agree. It's ridiculous what they charge. It's not like I, or anyone else around my age has a choice. If you don't have a college degree your chances of succeeding are next to nothing. Success in this world is held hostage by an education that was forced on us by every adult in my upbringing.

My buddy worked as a bank teller. He got let go after a year making $12/HR b/c he didn't sell enough credit cards to consumers. This bank was nailed for $3 billion dollars after it was uncovered that tellers and bankers were engaging in unethical practices to sign consumers up for CC's due to pressure from managers and higher ups.

The problem I have with the lot of this forum is that they'll vilify young people for wanting help in paying back predatory loans but have 0 issue with the bailout in 2008. The sentiment of this board is that bailing out people who have student loans will cost them money... where was that energy in '08?

I don't even want all my loans to be paid off. I want the government to adjust what I owe down to a sum that makes sense for the $$ spent and return on investment.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:33 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:08 pm
Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:04 pm
I had to look...

You're a Dope.
He mentioned inequality of Asians accounting for 90% of admittance to the program he got into at UW as a hinderance. So on brand. And I very much doubt that's true.
That is very much true, and the students in the 1990's knew it to be true.
And it is because anyone from out of country is paying more than just out of state tuition. Actually, I find this to be a good thing.

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:35 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:15 pm
And again, as a younger person... what economic policies that Trump is proposing am I supposed to be excited about?
What has Harris said about any economic policies?

You have bragged about your:
Education
Athletic ability
Finances and investments

You seem to be doing fine, PAY OFF YOUR STUDENT LOANS AND STOP LOOKING FOR HANDOUTS.