Forum members introduce yourselves

57reasons

Re: Forum members introduce yourselves

Post by 57reasons » Sun May 05, 2019 4:09 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:49 pm
Thanks for responding, everyone. I actually was worried that nobody would, like people might think they're walking into an identity theft trap or something LOL. I'll have to write a little key of handles/names and set it off to the side.

It looks like so far we've got a couple guys in their 40s and the lot of old-timers. Makes for a lot of baseball knowledge to be shared. I'm surprised that some of you old-timers used to cheer for other teams and then switched to the Mariners. You guys must have been really craving a challenge.

Still looking for a few more of the Times posters, like Terry, Captain, Broadcasting Husky, RG, and others I can't think of at the moment. I wonder if Somebody's Son will sign up to entertain us with his version of fantasy baseball. Maybe Livesmatter will try to sneak himself in here, but hopefully he'll be content to converse with himself in the Times Forum. Saw his last game thread and it was quite creepy.

Good job on putting this together, Darren!
i was also wondering if LivesMatter would make it over here. not sure if you've looked back at the ST site, but he seems to be the last one there other than the spam trolls. something about that seems appropriate. :lol:

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sun May 05, 2019 4:13 am

95Lives! wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:07 am
Hi my name is Tony...and I'm a Mariners fan.

I didn't watch much sports as a kid, but one year I watched a team they called The Big Red Machine and I was hooked. I think Pete Rose was the true Zen master of playing baseball, but Bench was my favorite player.

Due to circumstances beyond my control I played one year of little league and one year of high school baseball. As an adult I played slowpitch off and on for a couple decades.

Seattle is my home town but I have lived in 9 different states, Spain and Guam. I served in the miltary, but that isn't why I moved around a lot. While I was single I simply saw no reason to settle in one place.

16 years ago I married the love of my life and found the son I never had. I introduced him to baseball and he introduced me to coaching it. I am now coaching my 15th year as a coach to my daughters' (Yes twins) little league softball team. There is just something that warms my heart to see a player succeed after trying so hard to learn this difficult game.

I graduated from Oregon State University and avidly follow all of their men and women's sports as well as the academic and social achievements of my fellow Beavers. I am dam proud of my school.

I currently live quite happily in MD within a long commute of our nation's capital and literally drive by the Nats Stadium every day I go to work.

I love the collegial baseball conversations I've had since 2008 on the ST Forum and quite frankly despised its descent into the political rant and spam pit it had become in the past couple years.

I've watched the M's since the inaugural season but wasn't a true fanatic until Junior, Edgar, Randy, and Lou joined the club.

It's been ten days since I last watched a Mariners game.
Tony - my oldest son lives in Maryland. He's in the Air Force, works in the private sector and has a job that he can't tell me what he does. He told me I was background checked so he could do what he does. I must be have passed............he got the job, and nobody shot me or put me in the hoosgow.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sun May 05, 2019 4:43 am

Hi all, my name is 57reasons and i'm a sportsblogaholic. The handle derives from the nickname slapped on me because my surname bears a strong resemblance to a certain condiment brand, as DT astutely deduced some time ago, but being relatively new and untrusting, i did not own up to at the time. My sports heritage is unusual - born in Puyallup, lived in Ellensburg from age 1 to 4, then Eugene for 14 years in the Rich Brooks era, then attending Oregon State for one year before moving to Seattle and attending UW (among other schools), which has created something that few northwesterners believe can exist - a simultaneous Husky and Duck fan. not to mention, to a much lesser extent, CWU and OSU. Likewise i was both a Sonics and Blazers fan. Eugene had a Single A farm team of the Reds, for whom I was privileged to see Eric Davis and Charlie Leibrandt play. Prefer the roundball and pigskin however, favorite player being Russell (I know, you're all shocked) - not just for his field exploits but also for his unabashed witness to the greatness of Jesus Christ. Have lived in Rainier Valley for last 20 years, not far from number 11 i guess. Never had much outside game to begin with, but my Sharunas Marciulonis bulldozer style on the hardwoods was depleted even further when i fell off my roof and crushed my spine on the hard ground last summer. Never try base jumping from 17 feet :oops: Looking forward to finally joining Darren's big party this year if there's room?

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun May 05, 2019 5:28 am

D-train wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 12:17 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 11:44 pm
Ben Davis here, aka "sexymarinersfan". I've had that same email since I was 18 years old, and I never stopped using it. My ex-gf recommended it when I was first learning how to use "THE INTERNET." I always thought it was funny, so I kept it. I grew up for 19 years in Aberdeen WA and started out a Kirby Puckett fan when I was 7 because my family is from the Midwest. That all changed when I turned 10 years old and "The Kid" came to Seattle.

Fast forward 21 years. I now live in Ft. Worth Texas. Been here 15 years. I just turned 40 years old and graduated with my Medical License in Radiology. I have a beautiful wife of 6 years and a 2 year old daughter. We go to most Rangers games when the M's are in town. Its rough, but fuck'em!! I've been to Spring Training the last 3 years in a row up until this one. My Mother-in law was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer, and we changed plans at the last minute. I'm a Christian, Republican, American, God-Fearing Husband, and Father. I love God and could care less about politics! And I LOVE the Mariners!!

Thank you to the people who built this site. Hopefully we can get some more pitching!

Go M's!
Welcome we are in Elma right now.
I'd say Go Eagles, but my brother and sister, and I started out at Monte elementary. Do you remember the '99 high school football playoff game between the Bulldogs and Eagles in the Tacoma Dome?! It came down to the very last play of the game.

:::

Post by ::: » Sun May 05, 2019 4:29 pm

I'm new to this so here it goes. My name is Scratchiro. I enjoy long walks on the beach at sunset, watching movies and eating food. I'm an easy going genuine Mariners fan seeking other genuine fans. No drama please. I prefer to watch baseball instead of playing games on a sports forum. I'm just here for some good banter. I like going out to Niehaus Park (nope, not gonna call it T-Mobile whatever) to see a game but can also enjoy staying in to watch a game on TV. Turn ons: puppies, great pitching, informed dialog and a sense of humor. Turn offs: crows, personal attacks, demeaning nicknames, sexist and racist comments, hydroplane races and most of all Off Topic Threads that have nothing to do with sports.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sun May 05, 2019 10:30 pm

Scratchiro wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:29 pm
I'm new to this so here it goes. My name is Scratchiro. I enjoy long walks on the beach at sunset, watching movies and eating food. I'm an easy going genuine Mariners fan seeking other genuine fans. No drama please. I prefer to watch baseball instead of playing games on a sports forum. I'm just here for some good banter. I like going out to Niehaus Park (nope, not gonna call it T-Mobile whatever) to see a game but can also enjoy staying in to watch a game on TV. Turn ons: puppies, great pitching, informed dialog and a sense of humor. Turn offs: crows, personal attacks, demeaning nicknames, sexist and racist comments, hydroplane races and most of all Off Topic Threads that have nothing to do with sports.
Welcome home........to bad you don’t like pina coladas and walk-in in the rain

:::

Post by ::: » Mon May 06, 2019 1:17 am

Oh but I do. Didn't want to reveal everything up front. Have to keep things interesting. :lol: These alien faces really creep me out. 👀

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Mon May 06, 2019 1:56 am

I am Moe, which is short for Maurice.
63 years old, worked as a civil engineer.
Grew up in Oakland / Alameda and played Little League, High School, then Army baseball until I was 23.
Moved to Puget Sound in 1984 and fell in love with Mariners baseball thanks to Dave Niehaus and Alvin Davis.
I hate Free Agency, love having the DH in the AL, but also love traditional ball in the NL where pitchers have to hit for themselves.
I was a strong advocate of reviewing umpiring calls [what a God Send that was] and look forward to automated balls and strikes given to whichever Affirmative Action / or Senile Umpire happens to be working at the time.

Boisehawk

Post by Boisehawk » Mon May 06, 2019 3:35 am

Hello everyone. My name is Ron Losey. I am 58 and I grew up in Federal Way and graduated from Federal WAy in 1979. I now live in Vancouver. I have been in IT for 35 years. I have been a mariners fan since the beginning like a lot of us. Before that I watched teams like the cubs and reds on Saturday afternoon tv. I don’t say much on here because you guys always beat me to it. So I listen and learn. Thank you for carrying this sight forward from the Times version.

Tonyrutabega

Post by Tonyrutabega » Mon May 06, 2019 5:38 am

Name is Joe

Job is chef. I work for corporate for an organization that owns many restaurants. I help to oversee the kitchens in all of those restaurants.

I am originally from Minnesota. I am an avid golfer. I played Hockey, Soccer and Golf growing up. Baseball I quit very early on because I wasn’t very good. But it’s my favorite sport not named Golf.

I am both a Twins fan and a Mariners fan equally.

I once played basketball with Kirby Puckett. One of my neighbors was Gary Gaetti, and when he went to the Royals, Rick Aguilera bought his house. Steve Lombardozzi and Kent Hrbek lived just around the way. Oh, and Prince. He lived in my neighborhood, too.

I long for post season baseball in Seattle. I frequently go to games in Tacoma and Everett with my teenage daughter and a number of other friends.

I had been frequenting the Times forum less and less over the last few years, but I have been watching as much baseball as I can this whole time. The negativity in the old forum was more than I had patience for. I really don’t understand the function of internet trolls in our world today. I actually had a forum member threaten me and my family on the Times forum via private message, for which I reported the idiot. For this I will remain anonymous.

I am a baseball fan because it’s fun. I’m not here to bitch and complain.

Go Mariners, Go Twins, nice to be in a new forum. Hopefully the trolls can’t find us here.