I think it's over

D-train

Re: I think it's over

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:25 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:51 am
The other sideways play that Schotty likes to pull out on 3rd down is the fly sweep. The one that always seems to result in the ball carrier getting taken down somewhere in the backfield after several offensive linemen miss their blocks or get blown backwards off the snap. But he never learns.
They should just call it the SFL. Sweep for Loss.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:41 am

:lol: i think the last time it worked for the Seahawks was in the Super Bowl against Denver.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:52 am

ThePro wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:34 am
D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:08 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:58 am
Yeah, i mentioned in a post a few days ago. Millen was all over that. He said it would have been the easiest TD pass of Wilson's career. So why didn't RW even look his way? Or maybe that kind of thing happens with all QBs way more often than we know.

They need to start looking his way more often.
Because this seems to be Schotty's favorite movie:

https://www.google.com/search?q=sideway ... qxArcNtluM:
Good movie but that goes against the very philosophy of his offense. I think you guys get frustrated with the final score and come up with analysis that just doesn't make sense. The YPA is among the highest in the league and Wilson is # 1 or #2 in deep pass plays.
None of that frustrates me. I'd argue we're not a very good 1st down team... so many big losses on 1st down and so many 3 and outs as a result... When we do convert on 3rd down it's from some crazy ass play that deserves to be top-10 on SportsCenter. "Oh... 3rd and 1 and Russ just hit Lockett on a 30 yard fade where he hung onto the ball with his feet...?" *yayyy* Can we ever just hit a 7 yard pass on 1st... Rush for 3 and get the first down? Then repeat that result without some damn heroic feat until we reach the end zone?

When we score a TD it always feels like we've just been through fucking blender and survived.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:29 pm

dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:43 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:29 pm
Bell on Penny:

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/n ... 29458.html
He's in the doghouse without question. Something strange going on there. Him or Dk are the second most talented player on offense behind Russell. They barely use him.

douche

Post by douche » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:43 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:03 am
The thing that frustrates me about watching the Hawks is nothing ever seems to come easy...

Almost every big play we made is by the skin of our teeth... big catches are in tight coverage... Carson needs to run through 2-3 guys to hit on a 10-20 yard run... we just never catch anyone off guard. I can count on one hand the amount of times where on a 3rd down passing play a receiver is just flat out open... we never seem to be able to find vacant areas of the field with regularity... almost all big plays are on Russ scrambling or a deep contested ball... I'd just like to see us catch a defense off guard a few times in a game rather than once in a rare while.

I think when someone says they'd like to see more screens it's to alleviate what seems like constant pressure on the OL and Russ... I think when someone says they'd like to see Russ run a bit more early in games it's to add another component that the defense has to account for. I think when someone says they'd like to see the Hawks offense go to a random hurry up every once in a while that would be great because it just makes the opposing team think a whole hell of a lot more than they have to against what we're currently showing.

There's only one play this year that went for a TD I can remember where an opposing defense was truly confused... and that was DK's open 40-yard bomb... other than that? It's been an uphill battle seemingly on every play.

Just doing something different like twice a game that makes other teams think would make a huge difference in my opinion.
Completely agree.

douche

Post by douche » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:45 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:42 am
I am not talking as much scheme as I am style. He has an MVP candidate at QB, and won’t open anything up until we are behind, and clams up when ahead. He coaches the same way, afraid to lose instead of trying to win. Take a knee at the end of the game...instead we punt it away and hope for a stop.

And if we are this smash mouth power run team Pete claims, short yardage in plus territory shouldn’t be a punt. Don’t tell me one thing and do another.

Fucking fake FG against Atlanta that made about as much since as tits on a boar, but going for it there wasn’t worthwhile? Both decisions lost him the game. It was especially driven home when Baltimore didn’t even attempt a chip shot, and instead went for it in the same down and distance.
Well stated.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:39 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:43 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:29 pm
Bell on Penny:

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/n ... 29458.html
He's in the doghouse without question. Something strange going on there. Him or Dk are the second most talented player on offense behind Russell. They barely use him.
I can't imagine any scenario were the best playmaker wouldn't play because the coaches put him in the doghouse. He doesn't play because he provides less than the guys playing.

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:49 pm

I didn't want to start a thread for this foolishnees, but here's a post.....

I was reading a mock draft on CBS sports and their pick for the Seahawks is Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn, 6'7", 305.

I love the name, I kind of hope they draft him.

Disclaimer: Mock Drafts at this time of year are just click bait, and it is unlikely that John and Pete would do anything that others thought was sensible anyway.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:53 pm

Oso Dorado wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:49 pm
I didn't want to start a thread for this foolishnees, but here's a post.....

I was reading a mock draft on CBS sports and their pick for the Seahawks is Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn, 6'7", 305.

I love the name, I kind of hope they draft him.

Disclaimer: Mock Drafts at this time of year are just click bait, and it is unlikely that John and Pete would do anything that others thought was sensible anyway.
Now I know how the Hawks D felt Sunday. Everwhere I look I see Lamar Jackson...........

team logo
Lamar Jackson CB
NEBRASKA • SR • 6'3" / 215 LBS
The Jaguars need a replacement for Jalen Ramsey. Jackson is one of the most undervalued names at the position.
dt