Minor League Updates

D-train

Re: Minor League Updates

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:48 pm

ice99 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:45 pm
According to reports Walton is supposed to have a below average arm for a SS. Did you see Lewis play in the playoffs? He seems to have some speed.
Not surprising about DW given his size. I only saw Lewis hit and he looked pretty good.
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:54 pm

Lewis is a nice kid, friendly, easy going, etc. He's not the workout fanatic you see with Julio Rodriguez or Jarred Kelenic. I'd keep looking for that third foundational outfielder of the future.... Got a lot of optimism concerning Julio and Jarred.... not so for Lewis...

Wishhiker

Post by Wishhiker » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:02 pm

AT Fresno wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:54 pm
Lewis is a nice kid, friendly, easy going, etc. He's not the workout fanatic you see with Julio Rodriguez or Jarred Kelenic. I'd keep looking for that third foundational outfielder of the future.... Got a lot of optimism concerning Julio and Jarred.... not so for Lewis...
Lewis has the athleticism and tools. Reminds me too much of Tank O'Neill though. Stop fanning the crowds and I'll find some faith.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:07 pm

Wishhiker wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:02 pm
AT Fresno wrote:
Lewis has the athleticism and tools. Reminds me too much of Tank O'Neill though. Stop fanning the crowds and I'll find some faith.
The 2 are nothing alike imo, except maybe high strikout rate. O'neill Is a bowling ball, that isn't a great defender, who hits HR or nothing. Lewis is an athletic rangy player, with above average corner OF defense and arm strength, who hits to all fields. His power hasn't really showed up yet. Lewis has a much higher ceiling, but O'Neill was much quicker to get to his ceiling.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Wishhiker

Post by Wishhiker » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:10 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:07 pm
Wishhiker wrote:
AT Fresno wrote:
The 2 are nothing alike imo, except maybe high strikout rate. O'neill Is a bowling ball, that isn't a great defender, who hits HR or nothing. Lewis is an athletic rangy player, with above average corner OF defense and arm strength, who hits to all fields. His power hasn't really showed up yet. Lewis has a much higher ceiling, but O'Neill was much quicker to get to his ceiling.
Reminding me of the K's is reminding me too much. If he doesn't get that under control I don't see any better future. Yes his ceiling is higher but his floor is not.

Not that I want to dwell on that today...

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:13 pm

Wishhiker wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:10 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:07 pm
Wishhiker wrote:

Reminding me of the K's is reminding me too much. If he doesn't get that under control I don't see any better future. Yes his ceiling is higher but his floor is not.

Not that I want to dwell on that today...
Agreed. I've said all along his K rate is more of a concern than his average, OPS, lack of HR, etc...
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:35 am

AT Fresno wrote:
They will have lots of payroll left to buy one if Mitch's one nut down new reality results in long term impotence.
dt

Wishhiker

Post by Wishhiker » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:08 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:35 am
AT Fresno wrote:
They will have lots of payroll left to buy one if Mitch's one nut down new reality results in long term impotence.
Another donkey-punch to the faithful.

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:07 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:13 am
Caballero off to a good start on his rehab in Arizona.

Bobby Honeyman who was hot last season had a horrendous first month but has been very good last few weeks.

Devin Sweet got away with one a but yesterday but still a lot of SO and Dayeison Arias is still doing very well in relief
Mentioned Bobby a couple times this season, well Lookout Landing made some interesting points about him this off season.
Top position player: 3B Bobby Honeyman
After a slow start to the season, Bobby Two Bags emerged with a vengeance in the second half of the season, finishing with a line of .319/.386/.389 in the second half after hitting just .156 in the first month of the season. Honeyman hit 20 doubles and continued to be almost impossible to strike out (12.8% K rate) while playing an excellent third base. He won’t show up on top prospect lists this winter but if he can add just a little more pop to his bat at Modesto next year, the profile becomes much more interesting. Honeyman finished his season third among all Mariners minor leaguers in hits, tied with Jarred Kelenic.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:19 pm

I wonder if Bobby's ancestors were bee keepers?
dt