Kyle Tucker trade

Seattle or Bust

Re: Kyle Tucker trade

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:20 am

bpj wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:42 pm
I like the idea of trading from the Woo/Miller/Hancock group because the 5th starter doesn't even get used in the playoffs.
And if you want a 5th pitcher you can turn around and get a like Fedde, Severino, Bassitt, etc... to hold down the fort.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:22 am

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:18 am
We have more than that. Why would they wanna add a SP to replace an OF they just lost. Wouldn't you think you'd wanna add as many position players as possible, hopefully an OF or 2. We don't know what Houston wants for Tucker, doesn't hurt to ask. I know we'd all like the plethora of 1B available but being that Ty is hitting well now why would you wanna replace him with somebody else, where would you move him to, DH, bench. If Tucker is the best bat you go get him. You don't retool, you just reload. Letting go of 1 SP is not gonna make a difference. Again their not all gonna pan out. See what Houston wants & go from there.
I wouldn't.

I want more athletes in the lineup. Sell Ty and stick with Locklear/Raley at 1B.

IMO corner OF is absolutely the biggest need given that it's occupied by Moore, Haniger, Canzone *barf*.

Hell, include France in the Astros deal. They need a 1B.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:48 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:15 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:04 pm
The Ms aren't trading anything out of there MLB rotation. It's not even worth discussing. There isn't anyone else in baseball that's going to trade an established MLB arm with the quality and years of team control that Woo and Miller have. That being the case there is zero reason why the Ms would have to. They have enough prospects to get any deal done without subtracting from the current roster.
Not to get Tucker.

The Astros are pitching light and probably think they're still in their contention window.

I imagine they'd want a starter to put in the rotation now + players closer to ready.
That might be what they want but there is literally no team other than the M's that can afford to give up an MLB arm of Woo or Millers level and still expect to be in contention. M's would be bidding against themselves in that situation.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:16 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:48 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:15 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:04 pm
The Ms aren't trading anything out of there MLB rotation. It's not even worth discussing. There isn't anyone else in baseball that's going to trade an established MLB arm with the quality and years of team control that Woo and Miller have. That being the case there is zero reason why the Ms would have to. They have enough prospects to get any deal done without subtracting from the current roster.
Not to get Tucker.

The Astros are pitching light and probably think they're still in their contention window.

I imagine they'd want a starter to put in the rotation now + players closer to ready.
That might be what they want but there is literally no team other than the M's that can afford to give up an MLB arm of Woo or Millers level and still expect to be in contention. M's would be bidding against themselves in that situation.
I would argue that many teams don't have a trade package that would get Tucker moved regardless.

If you want him, that's what it's going to take. It's going to take the moon... I think we may be in a wholly unique position to get him.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:42 am

Couple of mock Tucker tradea

Philadelphia Phillies
RECEIVE
OF Kyle Tucker

Houston Astros
RECEIVE
SS Aidan Miller
SS Bryan Rincon
RHP Christian McGowan
https://fansided.com/posts/an-astros-ph ... hzjfy56pft

The Braves
In his suggested trade idea, Pressnell would have Tucker head to the Braves and Houston would get right-hander Hurston Waldrep, shortstop Nacho Alvarez Jr., and right-hander Darius Vines.
https://www.si.com/mlb/astros/news/hous ... nder-evan9

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:03 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:42 am

Philadelphia Phillies
RECEIVE
OF Kyle Tucker

Houston Astros
RECEIVE
SS Aidan Miller
SS Bryan Rincon
RHP Christian McGowan

The Braves
In his suggested trade idea, Pressnell would have Tucker head to the Braves and Houston would get right-hander Hurston Waldrep, shortstop Nacho Alvarez Jr., and right-hander Darius Vines.
Neither of those teams are getting Tucker w.o trading their top pitching prospect. That's Painter for the Phillies and Smith-Shawver for the Braves.

If those are the packages they think would get it done, there's about 10 other teams who would offer more in a second.

And why would the Astros trade for 2 short stops when the Phillies have 2x pitchers in the top 100 and just offloaded an OF lol? Not to mention Jeremy Pena is locked up until 2028, and Altuve 2029... makes 0 sense.

Here's what I think it would take from the Phillies:

No. 18 overall SP Andrew Painter, no. 9 in their top 10 OF Gabriel Rincones (AA and MLB ready by mid 2025).

Here's what I think it would take from the Braves:

No. 56 overall SP AJ Smith-Shawver, no. 72 SP Hursten Waldrep

Why should the Astros ask for anything less? They could use Tucker to solidify their starting staff for the next 7 years and replace him with Jacob Melton.
Last edited by Seattle or Bust on Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:06 am

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:03 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:42 am

Philadelphia Phillies
RECEIVE
OF Kyle Tucker

Houston Astros
RECEIVE
SS Aidan Miller
SS Bryan Rincon
RHP Christian McGowan

The Braves
Neither of those teams are getting Tucker w.o trading their top pitching prospect. That's Painter for the Phillies and Smith-Shawver for the Braves.

If those are the packages they think would get it done, there's about 10 other teams who would offer more in a second.

And why would the Astros trade for 2 short stops when the Phillies have 2x pitchers in the top 100 and just offloaded an OF lol? Not to mention Jeremy Pena is locked up until 2028, and Altuve 2029... makes 0 sense.

Here's what I think it would take from the Phillies:

No. 18 overall SP Andrew Painter, no. 62 overall OF Justin Crawford, no. 9 in their top 10 OF Gabriel Rincones (AA and MLB ready by mid 2025).

Here's what I think it would take from the Braves:

No. 56 overall SP AJ Smith-Shawver, no. 3 in their top 10 SP Spencer Schwellenbach (MLB ready now), no. 5 in their top 10 SP Owen Murphy.

All the Braves have to offer from their farm is pitching... it's pretty terrible otherwise. Astros could look at it as a way to totally replenish a farm system that is totally void of pitching prospects.
If the M's were to offer a similar package:

No. 27 overall C Harry Ford, M's no. 6 in their top 10 OF Jonny Farmello (yes, I know he has a torn ACL but he's also in most top 100's and is 19), and SP Logan Evans (on a rapid climb and could slot in their rotation by mid 2025)

Ford could start at catcher for them at the start of 2025. Farmello would instantly become their top 1/2 prospect in their system. Evans gives them a buy-low starter prospect who could be ready soon as well.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:32 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:41 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:20 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:11 pm
Why wouldn't the Astros have to pay more for our prospects or SP. Why does the Tax only apply to us and not them? If a team is out of it and wants to rebuild then they should not care if it is within a division. The team sending prospects is FAR less likely to want to be destroyed by their former prospect for YEARS than the team selling a player with limited control, even a very good one.
I think your stance has merit... but I would imagine the tax is larger for the team that is making the move that will make them better instantly vs the team that will see results 3-4 years out.

It often costs buyers more than the sellers at the deadline.
True, especially with the new playoff format. Simple Supply and demand.
I agree with all of this. But, do you really think if you were the Astro's GM, PBO, Active ownership group you would weigh in on the highest 3 offers ( I looked on the trade calc site and I saw Tucker's 1.5 years valued at 43.4M)
Seattle has 7 top 100's but none of them are Julio's super high value yet but I am untouchable on Montez, Colt Emerson, and Logan Evans.

Here is the scenario Texas gets healthy and closes the gap on WC and division and Texas offers:

Texas only has 1 prospect in the top 100 so Texas does a volume package.
#76 SS 6'4" Sebastion Wolcott. Plus maybe like the Astros pick of another 5 prospects in a depleted system, Maybe you have one of the youngster players as part of the package: Evan Carter, whatever . Mix and match and the Rangers top offer = 50Million

Seattle offers: Haniger -10M ? I don't know if that is accurate but close? and then Say Cole Young and Ford SS/C and in many rankings in the top 2 or at least top 6? And then Uber athletic but injured Farmelo 1st Rd. pick, and then another couple of top 30's value 55M

#3 an NL team offers #88 ranked prospect, and 4 org. top 10-30 guys. with a value of 36M. Do you think the Astros are like Nah, give me the NL package and at least 1 less top 100 type if not 2.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:46 pm

Pharmabro wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:32 am
D-train wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:41 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:20 pm

I think your stance has merit... but I would imagine the tax is larger for the team that is making the move that will make them better instantly vs the team that will see results 3-4 years out.

It often costs buyers more than the sellers at the deadline.
True, especially with the new playoff format. Simple Supply and demand.
I agree with all of this. But, do you really think if you were the Astro's GM, PBO, Active ownership group you would weigh in on the highest 3 offers ( I looked on the trade calc site and I saw Tucker's 1.5 years valued at 43.4M)
Seattle has 7 top 100's but none of them are Julio's super high value yet but I am untouchable on Montez, Colt Emerson, and Logan Evans.

Here is the scenario Texas gets healthy and closes the gap on WC and division and Texas offers:

Texas only has 1 prospect in the top 100 so Texas does a volume package.
#76 SS 6'4" Sebastion Wolcott. Plus maybe like the Astros pick of another 5 prospects in a depleted system, Maybe you have one of the youngster players as part of the package: Evan Carter, whatever . Mix and match and the Rangers top offer = 50Million

Seattle offers: Haniger -10M ? I don't know if that is accurate but close? and then Say Cole Young and Ford SS/C and in many rankings in the top 2 or at least top 6? And then Uber athletic but injured Farmelo 1st Rd. pick, and then another couple of top 30's value 55M

#3 an NL team offers #88 ranked prospect, and 4 org. top 10-30 guys. with a value of 36M. Do you think the Astros are like Nah, give me the NL package and at least 1 less top 100 type if not 2.
Why are you talking about the Texas Rangers as a team that would be trying to land Tucker when they are 7 games under .500 and are trying to shed payroll?

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:57 pm

Look at it this way. Your not gonna sign all 5 of these guys. Ones gonna have to go. Hancock, Woo, I don't care. Doesn't hurt to make an offer.