2027 roster

HawkandMariner88
Posts: 1589
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 10:33 pm

Re: 2027 roster

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sun Sep 20, 2026 2:25 am

D-train wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 20, 2026 2:11 am
HawkandMariner88 wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 20, 2026 2:00 am
Locked on guys says bad idea if both Arroyo and Laz make OD roster
If thats what those clowns think I feel better about them both making it.
I'm not a fan either.

Seattle or Bust
Posts: 12004
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:09 pm

Re: 2027 roster

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sun Sep 20, 2026 5:33 pm

Much rather they had signed Randy vs Naylor...

Coulda had Laz at 1B with a bit of training. Profile fits better there anyways.

User avatar
AZOldDawg
Posts: 1782
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 1:51 am
Location: Surprise, Arizona

Re: 2027 roster

Post by AZOldDawg » Sun Sep 20, 2026 7:54 pm

If we keep Crawford it better be in a coaching role. He is slow with no arm and a big ass looping swing. Great teammate but his time has come and gone

Southpaw773
Posts: 1774
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:28 am

Re: 2027 roster

Post by Southpaw773 » Sun Sep 20, 2026 9:20 pm

The albatrosses of Cal and Julio ugh.

User avatar
rockycola
Posts: 6731
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 2:09 am
Location: Alderwood Manor, WA

Re: 2027 roster

Post by rockycola » Sun Sep 20, 2026 10:36 pm

Southpaw773 wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 20, 2026 9:20 pm
The albatrosses of Cal and Julio ugh.
Add a guitar, bass and drums, maybe a couple of buxom back up singers and I think you've got a hit!
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

HawkandMariner88
Posts: 1589
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 10:33 pm

Re: 2027 roster

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Wed Sep 30, 2026 6:44 am

DT I'm just curious because I know his name has been brought up a lot & that's Otto Lopez. Dudes I feel like exactly what this team needs.

-RH bat

-High Contact/Low strikeout type player

Honestly I do not feel it would take as much as you think (at least compared to say a De La Cruz)

Shit I would start with a Cole Young honestly & maybe throw in a Luke Stevenson, maybe a Hancock I would say Kirby but I think you could flip him in a different deal honestly. Lopez definitely fits the mold of what you want your infielder to look like. Play some SS, some 2B. Shit I'd even say flip Emerson if need be. More years of club control for them. The more you watch Lopez the more excited you get. If Donovan can come back healthy that makes 2 high contact guys to pair with the power bats in the lineup.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83588
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: 2027 roster

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 30, 2026 1:37 pm

Southpaw773 wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 20, 2026 9:20 pm
The albatrosses of Cal and Julio ugh.
Stanton cited these as some sort of huge asset. Resigning young guys instead of signing FAs in their 30s such as Randy but Randy was the best hitter on the team and both Cal and Julio sucked so not sure how this strategy paid off this season.
dt

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83588
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: 2027 roster

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 30, 2026 6:40 pm

btw Ferrer who everyone could believe we gave up a first round pick for was even worse with us than his very underwhelming seasons with the Nats.
dt

Post Reply