Post Mortem: 2021 Playoffs - Seahawks v Lambs

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Post Mortem: 2021 Playoffs - Seahawks v Lambs

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:13 pm

auroraave wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:23 pm
weather makes no difference and previous games have absolutely no impact on this game. None. Completely different teams and circumstances. Nothing that has happened up until now, will have any bearing on this game, beyond the tape to review. Seattle hung 40 on the Jets, who beat the Lambs, therefore the Seahawks are a lock to beat the Lambs. Except... that's not how reality works. Funny how the same folks that were so sure that the Lambs would just roll over to the Seahawks, fail to acknowledge that past games mean absolutely nothing. Packers may win, it's their game to lose - but wasn't that the exact same thing everyone thought about Seattle? Lambs have the best defense in the league and a healthy running game - the ideal recipe for success in bad weather, not to mention the same recipe that took Seattle to two super bowls, but now that recipe doesn't count because it's the Lambs? If Donald is healthy, the Lambs may pull another upset. They have the ideal personnel to beat GB.
Don't you think that teams that practice and play most of their late-season games in cold conditions would be better prepared, both psychologically and in terms of devising plays to take advantage of it, than those that don't? Seems logical to me. I can see your point regarding teams that have already faced one another since they will enter each game with a different approach (unless they're the Seahawks) and what they do know about each other cancels out.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:00 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:26 pm
Rams gave up 32 to the Bills, 28 to the Cards and 23 to the freakin Jets. Let's not pretend they are the 85 Bears D.

GB will score at least mid to high 20s
PFF thinks its the league's best
Pro Football Focus gave L.A.’s defense a league-best regular-season grade of 85.9.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:03 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:13 pm
auroraave wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:23 pm
weather makes no difference and previous games have absolutely no impact on this game. None. Completely different teams and circumstances. Nothing that has happened up until now, will have any bearing on this game, beyond the tape to review. Seattle hung 40 on the Jets, who beat the Lambs, therefore the Seahawks are a lock to beat the Lambs. Except... that's not how reality works. Funny how the same folks that were so sure that the Lambs would just roll over to the Seahawks, fail to acknowledge that past games mean absolutely nothing. Packers may win, it's their game to lose - but wasn't that the exact same thing everyone thought about Seattle? Lambs have the best defense in the league and a healthy running game - the ideal recipe for success in bad weather, not to mention the same recipe that took Seattle to two super bowls, but now that recipe doesn't count because it's the Lambs? If Donald is healthy, the Lambs may pull another upset. They have the ideal personnel to beat GB.
Don't you think that teams that practice and play most of their late-season games in cold conditions would be better prepared, both psychologically and in terms of devising plays to take advantage of it, than those that don't? Seems logical to me. I can see your point regarding teams that have already faced one another since they will enter each game with a different approach (unless they're the Seahawks) and what they do know about each other cancels out.
I don't disagree with your logic. Green Bay may have an advantage playing at home. But in my opinion, once you crash helmets and it's game on - I don't think the cold weather matters all that much. SF went there a few years back and even played a night playoff game at Lambeau and kicked their ass. It's supposed to be mid-30's - that's not terrifying. What I would be most concerned about is the field conditions - I believe Lambeau, at least when I was there, is grass - totally different feel from playing on the crap carpet at "SoFi" stadium. Will it be slippery? Will it slow the game down? How quickly can LA get comfortable on that surface? Who can control the line of scrimmage? That's more of an issue than mid-30's, in my opinion. In high school we played a playoff game at Burlington - and it was 15 and windy - that shit was bitter cold. Didn't have hand warmers back then, but if this forum existed back then, I would've definitely asked dawn (uses her/it/they pronouns) gorgon if I could borrow it's panty warmers. Seems like the kind of person that would have them. :P

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:50 pm

Rogers has 89 interceptions in 6,587 pass attempts over his career. Guess he remembers everyone of them...

interception number seven by Brian Urlacher, 2006..
"He duped me, he kind of no-looked me. He looked like he was going to come down, and then he wheeled up and made a nice play on the ball down the seam. It wasn't a great throw by any means, but he was messing with me on that one."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/306 ... y-one-them

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:24 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:37 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:50 am
I am aware of the advantages of an up-tempo offense, there are also disadvantages to it or everybody would be doing it, i am not debating up-tempo offense. I am saying the issues with the Hawk offense run deeper than whipping out up-tempo...Lets say Eric Bieniemy is hired to run the offense, or even the team. You think his answer would be, heck lets run up-tempo, problem solved?
It appears you aren’t aware of the advantages, and neither is Pete. For crying out loud, at one point we had the Rams in the ropes and we fucking SUBBED! The ref jumped in stopping Russ from snapping so the Rams could make their substitutions. That game was just so fucking bad, and was so damn avoidable!
You're missing my point, I have nothing against up-tempo, and its nothing to do with PC's opinion of it. But no, i doubt it would have worked, yeah i know how they have whipped it out in the past, but something tells me the Rams would not have been baffled by it. Its a bandaid to me, the issues run deeper in my mind than pulling up-tempo out of your hip pocket. Its time for the Hawks to come up with an innovative offense that can really challenge todays defensive coordinators, and i think that requires more than running up-tempo. But maybe I am wrong, maybe that is all it would take...

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:00 am

It’s not about baffling them, it’s about using your strengths to take an advantage. It was a three point game when Donald got hurt! Three fucking points! And even then? We were scared to open things up. Score a TD there and the game changes with is now up four. Nope, we broke the huddle with ten seconds to snap it, let the Rams make all the substitutions they wanted and catch there breath, so we could take a seven step drop and wonder why the deep shot wasn’t available against two high safeties! Terrible.

Do we need to innovate? Sure, but that ain’t happening in game 17. That doesn’t mean we had to roll over with our asses in the air either. I hate to break it to you, but with Grampa Pete here? There will be no offensive innovations going on. The best we can hope for is to run tempo before down three scores and maybe get the play off before the clock expires on the other downs.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:35 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:00 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:26 pm
Rams gave up 32 to the Bills, 28 to the Cards and 23 to the freakin Jets. Let's not pretend they are the 85 Bears D.

GB will score at least mid to high 20s
PFF thinks its the league's best
Pro Football Focus gave L.A.’s defense a league-best regular-season grade of 85.9.
Well deserved. Just saying that I don't think ARod will be traumatized like RW appeared to be.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:41 pm

Sometimes familiarity is a bad thing. I think Russ has been dominated by that front so much that he sees a Ram uniform and wants to curl into a ball and suck his thumb. The utter fear that his coaches have shown against them hasn’t helped either.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:24 pm

I will be rooting for the Packers....

https://twitter.com/CAGOP/status/1349418238694756352
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:24 pm
I will be rooting for the Packers....

https://twitter.com/CAGOP/status/1349418238694756352
Love it...and very rarely does Rodgers talk when I love what he has to say!